GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hope it all works out for you/him. Photo in your link shows how easy it is for someone to fabricate a cap which will work, too.
Just got back. That was the problem. The cap was missing.
Made a cap with a 1/4" ID fuel line and plugged it with a M8 x 1.25 socket head cap screw. It's very tight and will not fall off easily.
Erased the code and drove back home with no issues.
Happy New Year to you speleos!!! You saved me tons of aggravation.

Reactions: speleos

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Strange things can happen. Many years ago I changed the plugs on my wife's 1967 Chevy wagon. After the plug change it ran terrible. So, obviously I figure it must be something I did when changing plugs.

Pulled each plug and checked it for gap. All plugs were good with no broken ceramic and gap right on. After much head scratching and looking at everything I could see with a bright flashlight I could find no problem.

Finally took off the distributor cap. Voila!! Problem found. Rotor had broken. Not enough to prevent wagon from running, The contactor had just moved a few degrees. Just enough to let it run, but run rough.

I had not touched the distributor when changing the plugs.

George

·
Registered
332 Posts
I should mention the I was getting intermittent codes p0106 p0171 and p0174 as well as the stabilitrak when this was happening.
I would erase them in between trying to diagnose.
Sometimes only p0106 (MAP sensor) would come up, sometimes only p0171 and p0174 (MAF sensor bank 1 and 2 lean) and sometimes all three codes would come up at the same time. I actually bought a new MAP sensor and canceled the order since I didn't need it.
Haven't had any problems since I plugged the vacuum port. Thanks again to speleos and everyone that posted.

Reactions: speleos

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
Good to know, encadia. Thank you for the follow-up. Happy New Year to you and yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope it all works out for you/him. Photo in your link shows how easy it is for someone to fabricate a cap which will work, too.
hello having the same problem no one can fix been to three shops is it possible i can get a picture of where this cap would be located

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
hello having the same problem no one can fix been to three shops is it possible i can get a picture of where this cap would be located
Plenty of descriptions and diagrams are posted in various threads. Use 'Search Community' with "vacuum nipple" as the keywords and you should be able to find those threads. Be aware that it only applies to the 2007 and 2008 Acadia. There was a change of engine variant in 2009.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts