GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I don't frequent here much, mainly because the Acadia is the wife's car and I'm the Cruise Coordinator on the Chevy Avalance site.

Anyways, we've got a Coupon Code set up on the other site that I wanted to pass along on the Coastal Tech Lock Pick and other adapters. This is NOT a group buy - just some friends getting together to get a quantity discount.

Here's the instructions:

1. Order from www.CoastalETech.com and place items in cart.
2. When done shopping, Hit Secure Checkout button.
3. Enter coupon code "ChevyFan" and hit Register.
4. You must use your www.AcadiaForum.net forum User Name as your UserName and any password you would like.
5. Then complete the form as you would normally. Your discount will be applied to your cart automatically.

Just to confirm:

GMX320 Lock Pick - $249 - $100 off!
Gen 4 Lock Pick - $199 - $50 off!
iPod Lock Pick - $89 - $40 off![/color]

This Coupon Code is only good for 2 weeks - until April 1, 2008!

I've already ordered mine today and verified that it works!

So pass the word, get it ordered quick!

(Mods - if I put this in the wrong place, just let me know and I will fix it.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, pass it along. Also check their site - the Acadia is listed separately although it uses the same Gen4 or GMX320. And note - the coupon is only good until April 1st! I'm not sure if it ends at 12:01am April 1st or 11:59pm so I wouldn't wait until that day to order. Good way to spend your Tax Refund.

·
Registered
54 Posts
sSnce I am fairly new to this, can someone educate me as to this accessory.

Is this an iPOD direct connect to the Acadia stereo? I will have the NAV with Ent. System. Does this connect with existing connections without any mods?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure about how this works either. Is this a work around for the long awaited (and false advertised) PAL? Meaning, it will enable an I-pod to be connected via the rear of the dash and hidden in the glove box? Once installed, can it be controlled via the steering wheel buttons? Oh, and I don't have NAV.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to www.CoastalETech.com and check out their videos.

I'm not sure of all your questions, but from what I understand:
1. You have to have Nav.
2. The Gen4 or GMX320 allow you to operate all your Nav features at all times - including while driving (Disclaimer: It is dangerous, and in some states illegal, to operate your Navigation System while driving!)
3. I think the iPod Adapter allows you to control your iPod from the Nav screen. So rather than having to pick up the iPod and do everything on it, you can do it all from the Nav - Bigger, easier buttons to use.
4. Difference from Gen 4 to GMX320:
  • GMX320 has Bluetooth Capability (although another adapter may be required).
  • GMX320 has ability for other inputs - including additional in-motion rear-view or side-view cameras, etc.

Check out Coastal on-line or call their customer service if you have any questions.

I am not affiliated with Coastal or any similiar company and have never actually owned one of their products. We just started up this group discount on the Chevy Avalanche site and I thought I would pass on some good info.

Remember, this coupon is only good until April 1st!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks, I'll check it out. Hope the weather in Salem is better than Portland today!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Folks,

If you check out the CoastalEtech website, they have some pretty cool videos showing their products - I just ordered the IPod thingy because GM will not produce one for me and my '08, you know the PAL thing you see in the brochure. Wait until you see how easy it is to install - it plugs in to a box right behind the glove box drawer, takes a minute to put in!

Can't wait, thanks for the coupon code! I don't know if I'll graduate to the bluetooth or front cameras, cool stuff, but this will do good for me!

- dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
PBGacadia said:
Folks,

If you check out the CoastalEtech website, they have some pretty cool videos showing their products - I just ordered the IPod thingy because GM will not produce one for me and my '08, you know the PAL thing you see in the brochure. Wait until you see how easy it is to install - it plugs in to a box right behind the glove box drawer, takes a minute to put in!

Can't wait, thanks for the coupon code! I don't know if I'll graduate to the bluetooth or front cameras, cool stuff, but this will do good for me!

- dave
Dave,

That video is for a Cady. Our XM receiver is in the back of the Acadia on the left hand side, in a compartment. It's not in the glove box. Then you have to run the cable to the front.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone know how quick Coastal Tech gets their orders shipped?

Thanks to the posts of Jake99, RockyP, and Claveman I took the plunge and ordered it. :blob:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Never mind. I already received my shipping notification. I guess I will be installing this on Tuesday. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to say we just got ours yesterday.

Just a couple hours later, same day: Wifey calls me from work - "Nav is not working! What did you do?" Wifey--> :argue: <--Me
Me: "Nothing - I just got it from UPS after you went to work and haven't even touched it yet!"

Later that night, I'm driving - "See, Nav is working fine! Oh wait - where did the screen go?" :crazy: Stereo is still on, check AM, FM, XM, Aux, DVD, turn everything on and off - nothing on screen, but sound is working fine. Put it in reverse - backup camera works; back into park - screen is back on.

So today, I call the dealer ship - they have time to fit us in. Take it in (of course, could not duplicate problem) - they find a TSB where GM is looking at potential problems with the Navs - nothing about any fixing it, just reporting problems. Order new Nav - should be in next week.

I'm just dang glad that the Nav went out BEFORE I installed the LockPick - I would hate to have it go out right after - then I would be sunk!

So maybe we'll try again next week!

(Wifey got the iPhone 2 nights ago too - is dying to try it out on the Lockpick!)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Umm,

You will require a bluetooth device, in conjunction with the GMX-320 (or OnStar lockpick), for the IPHONE to "work with" the NAV.

If your interest is just with the video stuff, the IPHONE will be able to project video onto the NAV using the GMX-320

·
Registered
7 Posts
i ordered the gmx320..thanks for the coupon code...

anybody got any suggestions on where to buy Motorola Car HF1000 Bluetooth Car Kit??? for a good price???

thanks
Wade

·
Registered
381 Posts
I purchased one from Original Wireless. They come up on Google when you search on HF1000.

I never installed and returned it unopenned. I decided to wait for the GM release of BT for 2009's and see if 08's are upgrade-able with the bluetooth option. I didn't like the separate mike that's required when using a third party BT option.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jake_99 said:
I purchased one from Original Wireless. They come up on Google when you search on HF1000.

I never installed and returned it unopenned. I decided to wait for the GM release of BT for 2009's and see if 08's are upgrade-able with the bluetooth option. I didn't like the separate mike that's required when using a third party BT option.
That's the direction I am heading and for the same reason. I'd really love it to be a plug and play non hassle install otherwise it's just not worth it to me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Right after I put the purchase in for the IFH1000, I switched to the 5000vi because the remote was not hard wired like it is for the IFH1000. That meant the only wire routing I had to worry about with the 5000vi would just be the mike - and I didn't like that even.

You also have to be prepared to incorporate a ground loop or Hi/lo converter as well since the output is directed to a 5 watt speaker. You have to change this to incorporate it into RCA inputs. You'll read a few BT installation on this vehicle (with NAV) have produced noticeable static and "poppin" which begs impedence problems (and power line noise).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Coupon Code worked just now -- we'll see if it ships......

My wife is also interested in bluetooth -- we've got Palm Treo's
can't call out with them -- but I think she would still like to integrate
the hands free part.

Picked up the GMX-320 what else for bluetooth? Which of the two below is best?

thanks,

mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone actually ordered and received items from this place?
I placed an order on 3/10 was billed on 3/11 and still no package.
UPS claims package was never shipped and Coastal E Tech does not return calls or Emails to their customer service. :angryfire:

·
Registered
207 Posts
rtmac said:
Has anyone actually ordered and received items from this place?
I placed an order on 3/10 was billed on 3/11 and still no package.
UPS claims package was never shipped and Coastal E Tech does not return calls or Emails to their customer service. :angryfire:
Uh oh. I received mine within 5 days of ordering.
Did you order the GMX320?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts