GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2015 AWD Acadia makes a clunk when turning at slow speeds. It appears that the AWD has locked (enabled them to be drive wheels) both front wheels. It sounds and feels just my purposely locked front axles on my CJ5 when I try to turn with the front hubs in the locked position. There are no codes but something is wrong and its beginning to chew up the front tires.

My question is how does this system work and is there a reference somewhere I can find to enable me to understand the issue and fix it. Or if you have had the same issue, what was it? I hate the stealership and would rather fix this myself.

Thanks for the help,
Jason

·
Super Moderator
19,657 Posts
Could be an axle bearing or CV joint problem in the front drive. Also a posibility of a final drive issue inside the transmission. Wouldn't expect a trouble code if something like that was failing. The RF axle would be the only front drive component affected by 'hard parts' of the AWD system. Its output comes from the connection of transmission to transfer case. You might frind an exploded diagram of the transfer case in one of the service manuals (links to the manuals can be found in another thread). Transmission diagrams are easily found on the 'net.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts