GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all. So last week we had a great cold snap of -40. When i went to start the wifes 2007 acadia it fired up as it normally would in the dreaded cold. I soon noticed though that all the gauges were going through the startup phase over and over and there was a clicking noise coming from the ds window/lock switch.

I had no accessories whatsoever. Heated seats, signal lights, radio and so forth all didnt work. the only thing that did work was the blower fan control.

So the next day when i was going through some things and couldnt figure it out still. I ended up unplugging the driverside door harness where it quick connects between the door and frame and wala! everything came back to life and normal. Except for the driverside heated seats and of course all the power components to that door.

So I tore the panel off and started to unplug individual plugs. It come down to the locks and rear window control plugs that would make the clicking go away. I checked all the fuses I could find and they were all good. Im just at a loss of if its the actual switches or a broken wire in the harness as everything else runs on there own plugs but has no power and also why this issue is causing everything else to go haywire when plugged in.

I should also mention that when everything is plugged in as normal i still have no power to those switches.Any help or suggestions would be great.

(mod note - copied member edit)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I should also mention that when everything is plugged in as normal i still have no power to those switches.Any help or suggestions would be great.
Time to break out the multi-meter and start checking for where the power stops. I would start with the door quick disconnect, suspecting water intrusion and corrosion. A very common issue on older Acadia's.

Clicking noise is most likely a relay. Could me a normal indication that juice is making it to the relay.

·
Super Moderator
20,280 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
A temperature of -40° (C and F are equal at that point) can be awfully harsh on electronics. It could have harmed circuitry in the window switch. It's easy to take apart and inspect. Window switch problems have been known to cause some odd conditions, especially if you have express up/down windows. Somebody posted about that in a thread quite a while back. If I can find it, I'll post the link. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Could it be the "clicking" , though seems from the DS window switch, might be from the power window actuator motor . . . . and due to an internal issue with the switch?
If the switch is stuck "On" the actuator would be stalled and overloaded.
As divotdoug said. . . checkout the switch with a multimeter and visual inspect to see if stuck in one position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could it be the "clicking" , though seems from the DS window switch, might be from the power window actuator motor . . . . and due to an internal issue with the switch?
If the switch is stuck "On" the actuator would be stalled and overloaded.
As divotdoug said. . . checkout the switch with a multimeter and visual inspect to see if stuck in one position.
I have the exact same issue going. I bought a new controller switch which did not resolve the issues. I have limited down to the gray connector that is causing the clicking noise. I have read other forums that seem to indicate a wiring harness issue. Loucks93, have you had any success resolving?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts