GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know I had clicking/popping noise when going slow and turning the wheel. The dealership said it was the intermediate steering shaft and it needed to be replaced. I have 4,500 miles on it right now.

They also fixed both rear doors as they rubbed on the molding when closing. The right rear was worse. The left side was just barely doing it.

We'll see if the intermediate steering shaft is really the problem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have been having this same problem with my Acadia and have been looking for a solution.

Now that I think of it - Gm had this as a service bulletin a few years back on the full size SUVs and trucks. Same symptoms and solution.

Anyone seen a service bulletin on this issue for the Acadia?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BigGuy said:
I have been having this same problem with my Acadia and have been looking for a solution.

Now that I think of it - Gm had this as a service bulletin a few years back on the full size SUVs and trucks. Same symptoms and solution.

Anyone seen a service bulletin on this issue for the Acadia?
Yeah I read about that as well. Its the intermediate steering shaft. I take my Acadia in tomorrow to get it fixed. I'll let you know if it takes care of it. I haven't seen a service bulletin and my service rep didn't mention anything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got the steering shaft replaced which got rid of most of the clicking. But there is still a problem with the front end. Something is clunking a bit and you can feel it in the peddle when you steer. Going to take it back in.

I have a funny feeling that they won't be able to fix it and it really pisses me off that a vehicle like this can't steer and not make noise. I'll claim the lemon law if need be. I can't accept the fact that I spent this much money for something that cannot steer without making horrible noises. Unacceptable.

I really love this Acadia so I sure hope something can be done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fryer209,

Was your dealer able to find a fix for this problem?

My car just started to pop when I turn to the left at low speeds.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the clicking popping noise in the steering column on my 08 SLT-1 with 27,000 mi on it. I took it in and they ordered a steering column (though I don't know if it was the inermdiate shaft because the repair order just says they replace ordered steering shaft). Of course it was back ordered and took about 3 months to get here. Took it in on Tuesday and it fixed the problem completely. Its like it should be ... quiet and smooth. I hope everybody else gets theirs corrected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts