GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has already been addressed but I did not find anything doing a search.

I have the ebony interior and have noticed several scuffs on the interiors of the doors.
What products are you using to remove the scuffs and to generally detail the interior of your vehicle?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Luv2dive said:
Forgive me if this has already been addressed but I did not find anything doing a search.

I have the ebony interior and have noticed several scuffs on the interiors of the doors.
What products are you using to remove the scuffs and to generally detail the interior of your vehicle?
try the mr. clean magic eraser.

·
Registered
497 Posts
What a good idea, I'll have to try that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have one at home but has not tried it yet.
There is a small remark in the label that says to try it first in an inconspicuous area. Any known harm for using this product?

·
Registered
403 Posts
It will take off paint and scratch plastic a bit. I used one to get the white paint off my wife's minivan's mirror, as she hit the garage on the way out one day. Took it right off, but did leave very minor swirl marks. I also took some road crud off the front bumper and same deal, very minor marks left. So...do as the instructions state and check it out prior to going nutso on the entire car. :thumb:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I always use warm water first. Then if I need anything more I would try a mild soap such as Simple Green. Any scratches won't be comming of with whatever you use. So I would start with just warm water on a soft tericloth rag.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i wouldnt put water on leather interior.... also try a simple leather cleaner.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have ebony leather, too. I noticed it gets very dusty. I've been using a damp sponge (water only) and immediately following with a dry, lint free cloth. I tried using some Armor All Leather Cleaning Cloths on the seats when I first got the Acadia and it left a bunch of streak marks. I don't use them anymore. For the plastic, you may want to try Mother's Back to Black (lots of info about this on another thread). I haven't tried it on the interior but it works great on the black plastic parts on the exterior.

·
Registered
524 Posts
MsS42 said:
i wouldnt put water on leather interior.... also try a simple leather cleaner.

Believe me a damp wash cloth will not hurt this interior. I do it weekly and the seats look brand new. I did this on my Denali for four years and when I traded it in the interior was perfect. That of course doesn't mean you shouldn't use a leather conditioner, you should. Lexol is all you need. The Lexol cleaner IMO is a waste of time, but the conditioner works well. Also if you read the label of Lexol's cleaner it says to use a damp cloth. So feel free to.

This leather they use on this interior is not by any stretch of the imagination a fine quality leather, and has been treated and sealed with so many dies and chemicals it in no way even resembles what you would find being used on an expensive hand bag or other car interior of a higher quality. Also remember that these seats are "leather apportioned", and only the part where you sit are actually leather. The rest, surprise, is not leather.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for the replies. I'll start with water and move up from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.