GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my acadia for 5+months and used armorall leather wipes on them and was I surprised how nice they looked and how easy they were to use. Used 2 wipes for the first and second row only.Dont know how they work if seats were very dirty as mine were not.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lexol is the industry standard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Use warm water and a well-wrung shamois. Have always done this with leather furniture at home. If you use a shamois, it should be broken in so you don't get shamois dandruff all over the seats. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use Mothers Reflections Advanced Leather Care. I have used this on my last 3 vehicles that had leather and I'm very pleased. Lexol is a great product as well... it is two step, a cleaner and preservative. And the Mothers works just as well if not better. I've done detailing since '77 and the Mothers line is impressive with great results.

Nice Forum too:

http://www.waxforum.com/

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a big fan of Einszett 1z Leather Care ('Lederpflege'). It's a one-step cleaner protectant and not that expensive. I almost use it exclusively. Very good at getting stains out of leather. Just use it and a microfiber towel to apply.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I read some thread that a fellow uses Bickmore 4 Leather conditioner on his Acadia leather seats. After reading some reviews on Amazon for Bickmore 5 conditioner, I bought a spray bottle today. I read too, that saddlery shops recommend this product. Anyway, this is the product I will be using on our leather seats.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hands down the best items to use on the sealed leather is.

Adams Leather and Interior Cleaner
Adams Leather Conditioner

Best items I have ever used and will continue to use.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
JF7FSU said:
Lexol is an excellent product. Also Fiebings makes good leather products as does Farnum. There are other excellent leather care products, but as far as I know NONE of them are sold in Automotive stores.

Go to your closest horse tack dealer or Feed Store for leather protestant products. The "horsey people" have demanded top performance from leather products far longer than the automotive people.

I do not know about furniture stores. They may also have the good products.

George

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Bickmore Bick 5, 16oz spray bottle

I felt ambitious this afternoon and got the interior leather all done w Bickmore's Bick 5. Good for another 3 months, I'd say. :clap:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saddle soap - the solid block type - and a damp sponge. If you get bubbles you are using too much water! If they have got wet and the leather has gone dry and hard - a wipe over with a clean cloth and a little neatsfoot oil.

·
Super Moderator
21,793 Posts
ipap2 said:
Saddle soap - the solid block type - and a damp sponge. If you get bubbles you are using too much water! If they have got wet and the leather has gone dry and hard - a wipe over with a clean cloth and a little neatsfoot oil.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
JF7FSU said:
Agree that Lexol is one of the best. I always recommend that anyone who is looking for the best leather cleaners/conditioners go to a store that sells horse tack.

Horse people are very particular about their leather.

On the other hand I generally recommend staying away from leather products sold in automotive stores. Some of them may be good. It is just hard to tell.

George

1 - 15 of 15 Posts