GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my Acadia long enough now that the lenses on the dashboard instruments are accumulating dust and looking generally grungy. What procedure and materials do you use when you clean yours? (I'm assuming that a 2-hp pressure washer followed by a belt sander isn't your favorite combo.)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I like to use a little hand held Craftsmen vac with a bristle end and do the whole dash once a week, it does the job good :thumb:

·
Registered
487 Posts
What ever you do don't use Windex or anything not safe for tinted windows, you will soften the plastic and it will scratch. I use Invisible Glass on mine and it works good.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I like to hit it with one of those small compressed air cans you use for the computer keyboards and such. Then wipe it off with a microfiber towel.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
dfrank78 said:
I like to hit it with one of those small compressed air cans you use for the computer keyboards and such. Then wipe it off with a microfiber towel.
Good idea; never thought of that

·
Registered
428 Posts
The comrpessed air also works good in all the cracks and crevices and the vents. makes cleaning them a lot easier

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the tips, I did not knoe thay windex would soften the plastic... Guess I should stop wiping the dash and componets with windex and paper towels. oops!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
A good way to just keep dust off the dash is the swiffer (sp) duster things, the small ones, they fit in the glove box, and when you are sitting in your car waiting for something/someone, for example, you get it out and dust off the dash, takes only seconds. No need for any liquid, unless there are finger prints, or other marks on the lenses.

·
Registered
635 Posts
coloradoGM said:
What ever you do don't use Windex or anything not safe for tinted windows, you will soften the plastic and it will scratch. I use Invisible Glass on mine and it works good.
I have used the windex wipes on mine for almost 2 years now and no scratching or soften of the plastics. The spray on liquid will do that I have seen on other objects but no problems with the wipes.

The compressed air does work great on the radio, vents and other dash components. Alot of times I just wipe down with a damp rag and the dry.

·
Registered
540 Posts
09Enclave said:
A good way to just keep dust off the dash is the swiffer (sp) duster things, the small ones, they fit in the glove box, and when you are sitting in your car waiting for something/someone, for example, you get it out and dust off the dash, takes only seconds. No need for any liquid, unless there are finger prints, or other marks on the lenses.

My wife uses the small Swiffer to do the dash also. She has been keeping the Acadia very clean. It's her baby.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
DeForger said:
09Enclave said:

My wife uses the small Swiffer to do the dash also. She has been keeping the Acadia very clean. It's her baby.

Bobby
Which means you drive yours like mine; weekends only :thumb:

·
Registered
540 Posts
jsimms said:
DeForger said:
09Enclave said:

Bobby
Which means you drive yours like mine; weekends only :thumb:
That's about it. ;D

Bobby

1 - 12 of 12 Posts