GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2008 Blue Gold Metallic Acadia SLT1 with sunroof, and I am absolutely thrilled with the car. It seems a lot larger than my 1999 Mercury Villager that I traded in. This may seem like a stupid question, but I am wondering how to clean the windshield at the gas station. I cannot reach across halfway from the ground, and even if I stand inside the car with the door open, it is very difficult and awkward. :-\

·
Registered
83 Posts
Carry your own squeegee with an extending, folding/collapsing handle, you can find them at most auto supply stores. I'm 6' 0" and can't reach the top center of the windshield, myself. Plus, I accidentally put an inch-long scratch on the right fender with a gas station squeegee anyway, that went right through the clearcoat, so I was looking for something without the metal edge behind the rubber blade, so it couldn't happen again. The one I bought fits well in the center rear compartment, under the floor behind the third row.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I'm only 5'6 and I haven't had any issues cleaning my Acadia's windshield at gas stations. Maybe I just have long arms?

mktuttle's suggestion sounds like a good one though. :)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Fall 2006, I replaced that cheap windshield cleaner stuff with Prestone DeIcer fluid in my stang and am very happy with the switch over. I do a lot of expressway driving 5 days a week with continual road salt spray when used by salting crews. I drained the factory stuff out of the Acadia this Fall and replaced with DeIcer fluid. I find that it really clears the grime in a hurry and less streaking too. I can use instantly without worrying whether glass is warm enough to use heated washer fluid in very cold condtions. My experience using more xpensive fluid vs cheap alcohol stuff that freezes up on your windshield when cold. Comments welcome. I might learn more about keeping windshield clean in all weather conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts