GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2008 Acadia SLE today. I am trading in a 1995 VW Jetta GLX with the VR6. I pulled out the Clarion 6 disc changer that I installed a number of years ago. With the Acadia, can we install a changer? It has a 13 pin DIN connector.. Has anyone pulled the stock stereo and observed if there is any connectors that may work?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
:welcome:

Congrats on your Acadia; you have come to the most complete site for Acadia's. Have you searched through the Audio area for answers? If not try that and you will probably get someone here to answer your question. Most common things that can be done to an Acadia have been accomplished and posted here.

Good luck and update your signature area with your Acadia specifics, thanks :D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
A couple of thoughts from one that can recall 8 track and cassette tape players:

1) It is doubtful the Clarion would directly interface with the GM head unit. In the 90's, Pioneer made the CD changers for GM (Delco) and they were plug and play- still have one in my '95 Trans Am. If you look on ebay for an Acadia/Enclave/Outlook radio for sale, you'll probably find a picture of the rear connectors, or you can look at the stock radio- they come out fairly easily- look at the nav switch sticky here and there are photos showing removal. I know on the '09 nav radio there is no DIN connector.

2) While they were good in their time and of course you already have it (no cost), CD changers are really out of date. A single CD can hold around 650~700MB of data, so best case on a 6 disk is 4.2GB. I now play music via an iPod in most of my cars, and two of the others have radios with built-in hard drives. A third has a radio with a 1GB flash memory built into the faceplate. The latter units can either record directly from a CD or memory stick or have songs transferred from my PC. I knew nothing about iPods but have a helpful teenager in house that showed me how they work. :) I bought a used one (gen 5.5) last year for a little over $100 and it has 60GB capacity and can even output video if desired. Unlike the 2009, there should be no issue for your 2008 Acadia interfacing with a Scosche or other brand iPod adapter. As jsimms said, there is a lot of info here for those wishing to go that route. You'll have a small upfront cost, but the rewards will be far greater, plus it is an easy switch between vehicles if you ever need to do that.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Good point; it's always good to keep up with technology

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
:hijacked:

Just noticed the '07 9C1 Impala :police: in your signature. My last one (and only Chevy in 25 years) was a 2003 9C3 model with a rather lethargic 3.8L V6- nothing like the supercharged 3.8 in my '96 Bonnelville SSEi. I just found the 2007 9C1 PDF and see the motor is a 3.9 V6. I thought these would have the Gen 4 5.3L V8 in them since it was in the 2007 SS model. At least they give you a spare tire. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish the 9C1 had the 5.3, then it would really have the get and go. Rumors keep circulating that "I hear next year it will have the v8" but until I see one with the V8 who really knows. If they do put a V8 in the Impala, I hope it is standard and not an option... Even still the 3.9 accelerates faster and has a higher top speed than the Ford P71...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts