GMC Acadia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here like to enjoy Premium Handrolled Cigars?

My favorites:
Hoyo de Montrey Excaliber Numro Uno Maduro
Anything Fuente.
Cuesta Rey 1884 & 95 Maduro

I always keep some LaUnica #400 Robusto Maduro's in the humi.

Whats yours?

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
Never got into cigar smoking. Did smoke a pipe for a while, though. Borkhum Riff was one of my favorite tobaccos. A friend would bring his hookah to camping parties along with various exotic tobacco blends to try. That produced some interesting aromas around the campsite.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Not really thinking too much about smoking these days. Have other concerns with the virus that seems to be going around.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
As a teenager, I worked in tobacco fields for a couple summers. After seeing the tar build up on my hands at the end of the day, never had the urge to smoke.

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
'Chew' was the thing when I worked in a greenhouse. I gave it up after puking all over the chrysanthemums one day.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I did not realize that the Philippines had a Tobacco industry. Been there a few times.

George
We were traveling some years back on a detour due to interstate blockage through a little town called Edgerton, Wi. It was surprising to see many old tobacco ware houses with faded painted lettering and even some abandoned drying sheds in old farm yards along the highway.
Never thought tobacco was a crop that far north, but it apparently was for many years.

·
Registered
2009 Travers LS AWD
11 Posts
I used to enjoy a cigar once in a while, usually when they were given to me, but I smoke a pipe. I enjoy the relaxing ritual of smoking a pipe, as well as the selection of tobaccos that are available and that they can be stored without a humidor for relatively long periods without going bad. I currently have about 14 pipes and about 14 different tobaccos to choose from, depending on my mood.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I used to enjoy a cigar once in a while, usually when they were given to me, but I smoke a pipe. I enjoy the relaxing ritual of smoking a pipe, as well as the selection of tobaccos that are available and that they can be stored without a humidor for relatively long periods without going bad. I currently have about 14 pipes and about 14 different tobaccos to choose from, depending on my mood.
Are you married?

George

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
... my beautiful wife that works as an RN ...
Does she enjoy the aroma of your tobaccos, or is she paranoid about second-hand smoke and sends you off to the man cave to smoke? My sibs and I always liked the smell of the different blends our grandfather had in his pipes.

·
Registered
2009 Travers LS AWD
11 Posts
Ok .. now I got this song stuck in my head. . . .
HAHAHA. I didn't even have to listen and knew exactly what part of the song.

Does she enjoy the aroma of your tobaccos, or is she paranoid about second-hand smoke and sends you off to the man cave to smoke? My sibs and I always liked the smell of the different blends our grandfather had in his pipes.
I don't light a pipe in the house, but she will sit out on the porch or around a fire with me while I do. She doesn't mind the aroma of most pipe tobaccos, but there have been a couple that she says smell like cigarettes or cigars and she doesn't really 'like' them. She is an occasional cig smoker; she will have a smoke at night sometimes after we get the kids to sleep or after a stressful shift at work.

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
My mother and youngest sister are RNs and they both smoke. Mom is 90!

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
I think a fine cigar smells as good as pipe tobacco, especially when it's first lit.

·
Registered
2009 Travers LS AWD
11 Posts
You do have a good wife. Most wives would be having a hissy with all that smoking equipment.

George
I try to keep it organized on the top of the piano. The pipes are 'Mostly' in stands and Tobacco is all jarred or still in tins. We are talking of a building new storage and display for it all. She is trying to use it as a push to get a larger house, too. haha. "you know, we could move to a bigger house and if would give you more room to put your Pipe Stuff."... That kind of thing...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.