GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to mention that while I was at the dealership the other day spending way too much to have a headlight and new wipers installed, I checked with the Parts Department about replacing that plastic "chrome" ring around the AC knob on the rear of the center console.

As it turns out, they do not sell just the little ring as a replacement. I'd have to replace the whole unit. That cost was somewhere around $100. I can't remember the exact price. I wasn't about to spend that kind of money for a tiny plastic chrome ring.

So I guess my Acadia lives without it. Unless one of you is parting out an Acadia... ::)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Warranty??? Why isn't this covered?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
biggs4040 said:
I think her warranty is up; maybe you could buy the wrecked Acadia off of EBay and have all the chrome rings you need ;D

EDIT: I just searched ebay motors and no wrecked Acadia; :-\

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
biggs4040 said:
My warranty expired over 15,000 miles ago. LOL Even so, why would it be covered by warranty? I broke it by hauling a water bed in the back of my Acadia. When you break things on your Acadia, regardless of warranty or not, I don't think it's a covered item. Though I could be wrong on that one.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just tell the dealer your son went to turn the knob and the ring just came off in his hand ;)
Sounds like a manufacturer defect to me :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts