GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a tough time deciding between chrome or black wheels. What are your opinions??? I am looking for 22". My acadia is summit white. Having chrome wheels before and having them pit, I am not sure I want chrome again. Can chorme wheels be powder coated??? Thanks for the opinions in advance!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
you can go either way, chrome enhances the sharpess of your vehicle's color but yes, based on your experience they do require careful maintenance and a well paved road.... and basing on Stueys pic of the chrome rims with black powdercoated lips... thats a good way to go IMO... ;D

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3725.0

but there are also a lot of great all black wheels with colored bezels that you can interchange, the problem is none of them seems to fit the bolt pattern of our vehicle thats why i cannot recommend a specific brand.... sorry!!! :-[

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered my wheels on monday. Supposed to be here thursday and installed on friday. I also got my windows tinted today (limo over factory in the rear and 32% on the front sides). Installed a chrome GMC emblem on the front. The wheels are 22" Chrome Driv Moonshine 6 with 285 40 22 falken STz04 tires. All factory emblems removed except the acadia emblems. Just 2 weeks old!!! Like SioXie thought, the chrome will better suit the vehicle.

·
Registered
812 Posts
cant wait for the pics!!! :blob: pls. let us know the ride and weight difference than the stockers.... thanks in advance!!! :thumb:

Congratulations on the new rims!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wieght difference is noticeable at first, but nothing drastic. The funny thing is I noticed the weight difference more on my 05 gmc 1500 crew cab when I put 22s on that. I didn't have a chance to weigh the tires. The wheels have a nice fat lip which was a nice surprise.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
:cheers: what a sharp looking ride.... love all the mods!!! keep it up and thanks for the info!!! Theres no doubt im going 22's :thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice ride!

22" seem big but I think they fit the Acadia quite well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts