GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up our Acadia on Saturday, and installed a Chrome Gmc Emblem. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That looks nice on that color. I prefer the red, but my Acadia is red. Yours really matches well. I think I would want the chrome on your color Acadia. :wine:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Where did you find the chrome it would look great on my liquid silver as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The GMC emblem on the Acadia is the same size as the Yukon. You can pick one up at most performance or after market shop. The old one just pops off and the bolt pattern on the chrome emblem lines up just fine. I had to cut the bolts down about 1/2 " and had to use some smaller washers. it takes about 15 minutes to switch them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I really like it on the white. I'll have to see how much I like the red once I get mine, then decide if it's worth changing. My husband doesn't like the "GMC" at all, he wants it removed all together, but I disagree (naturally!). :angel:

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I get my black 2008 I will absolutely paint the emblems black to match...there was another thread on that idea earlier...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love the looks of the GMC chrome!! Would look great on my silver SLT-2. If you could let us know where you found it and what it cost?
Thanks for the pics! :thumb:

·
Registered
524 Posts
So I found one. It was the last one they had in stock. It was $76

Not cheap, but worth it. One question though. Did you have to take our the grill to put it on. I don't see how to access the back of the grill without taking it out.

I will go out and finger it out, but if you could give some instruction for those like me that need help. :thumb:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay! it's done. A little more work than 15 minutes, but Totally worth it. A great mod for the front end. Really looks good with the chrome trim. I would post a picture but it looks just like the one in this thread.

Also I would note that mine was what looked to be bent a little. I don't know if they all are, but mine had a slight vee shape to it. And it doesn't show much if you tighten down the center nut a bunch. I would also note that the washers are about useless as there is not enough clearance for all but one of them. And one of the studs is so close to the plastic it's not possible to attach a nut, but three work just fine. Also as noted by the original poster, the studs need to be shortened. I used my belt sander too just take of about a half inch as was previously stated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Also, yes you need to remove the plastic hold downs and screws that hold the front grill and radiator shroud in place. By removing just the top ones you can then reach behind the grill.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It looks good on the right color...but I'm all about balance. So now I'd either need to remove the rear GMC emblem or get a second one to modify and install on the back(which would be fairly useless since you'd be installing it on something already chome). I actually prefer the red emblem for my Carbon Metallic as it "pops" off the car more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with the point about balance...when I get my 08 black I plan to have both the front and rear emblems painted black to match...

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
The chrome looks good, but I still prefer the red GMC. I agree about it popping out. I like that. Plus, since mine is a red jewel already, it kind of already blends with my Acadia. ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just had to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Please dont say that, that is your real front licence plate!?!?!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
Please dont say that, that is your real front licence plate!?!?!

LOL!! NO! 8)

·
Registered
159 Posts
OK good! thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
My wife and I ordered a BG-metallic, and as I'd written in another thread I was kind of concerned about how that would look with the red lettering in the grill. I'm not as concerned at the back, because the red will fit in with the red brake lights off the trunk. I like the look of the chrome. However, I am of the more mechanically challenged set, don't have a belt sander, my fingers are somewhat mangled from too many years of football and wrestling, and I have no idea when I apply force if I'm doing it right or breaking it. I'm a big guy and I've literally torn apart metal fastenings when I didn't realize I hadn't removed all the screws. My question is, if I bought this before the my order comes into the dealer, is this something that the dealer could do without charging an arm and a leg?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.