GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our tree over the weekend. It was a little bigger than we were planning on but got it in the door. Got it at a u-cut place out in the woods here in Oregon for $20, not bad.

Going to try to attach a pic for the first time... here goes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
The Acadia looks good toting a tree. ;) I'm going to get ours this coming Sunday, hopefully I have my Acadia back by then because it's gonna be a bear to bring a tree home on the roof of a G6.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is one of those times where I'm going to be missing my old Ford Ranger. It scares the heck out of me that throwing a tree up on top is going to scratch the heck out of my week old paint. :'(

It looks like you tried to put something between the tree and your roof, what was it? Looks like it didn't completely cover everything though. Did you get any scratches?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree about scratching the paint. I folded down the rear seats and one of the middle seats, put down a tarp, and put the tree inside the Acadia. Perhaps if you put a blanket or something down on the top it would be OK, but even that would scare me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a nice 9' douglas fir at Menards. Popped it up on the roof. Easy up and easy off. Tied it down and it never moved a bit on the drive home.

·
Registered
681 Posts
We picked up a tree last weekend and they actually run it through a baler and it gets tied up nice and firm, no hanging branches - oh yea, I took the 7 year old Suburban to pick it up, did not want to put on the roof of the Acadia ;D - we have a nice Yakima rack on the Suburban and nothing touched the paint.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is what we did. Of course this isn't a 9 footer though...

I forgot to take a pic when it was all tied down, so this is with it all loose and the tree stand almost on. The angle of this pic makes it look like it hangs out on each side much more than it actually did. I could barely see the tips of it on each end via the side mirrors.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts