GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went shopping today for the first time for a new Acadia. I was looking at the SLT2 with navigation and back seat DVD.

Went to Napleton in Schaumburg, this is what they offered me

48 month lease
down payment- 3,000.00
12,000 miles per year
AWD- 600 per month
FWD- 540 per month

Is this in line? If there are other dealers out there that you recommend please let me know. Love this car, but am going to be very patienant this time around in leasing a vechical.

thanks for any help.

anthony

·
Registered
60 Posts
At first glance it seems a little high. To really see what kind of deal you're getting you need to know the MSRP, capitalized cost(i.e. selling price), lease rate and residual percent. Those are the key numbers in determining a lease payment.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That's alot to put down for a lease as well, you should only put down about the amount of the monthly payment $500-700 + any applicable incentives.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anthony - Run! :blob:

You should be looking at 0 down ; a good 15k in miles, and 36 to 39 mo. lease, for those #'s.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, that is what I was looking for.

I thought the 3K down was excessive, ecspecially for a lease and I thought the monthly payment was high too.

Now I just have to deal with all the dealership BS to get to this!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received this offer:

MSRP- 42,765
Selling price- 39,756
48 months
15K miles per year.
$270 down (docs and plates) plus first month payment

They told me the residual is 52%
Money factor (rate) @ 6.25%

Monthly payment $615.00.

Is this fair?
I beleive it should be around 550

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does the $615 include sales tax? I come up with $526 + tax using those numbers. Maybe they are adding some 'fees' onto the selling price that they aren't showing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
antney said:
Just received this offer:

MSRP- 42,765
Selling price- 39,756
48 months
15K miles per year.
$270 down (docs and plates) plus first month payment

They told me the residual is 52%
Money factor (rate) @ 6.25%

Monthly payment $615.00.

Is this fair?
I beleive it should be around 550
Residual seems low. When I was looking at an Acadia lease residual was 61 or 62%

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
taxes where included in that number.

I thought my monthly payment with those numbers should be 535-540. OK, I think we are on the same page.

I too, thought the residual was very low, heard it was around 60%.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The 60% residual is for a 36/39 month lease, so that is probably in line for a 48 month lease. I don't believe residuals can be adjusted by the dealer...those are set by the finance company. I do believe a dealer can bump up the lease rate if they choose to, although I think 6.25% is the going rate. I think they were around 8% for some regions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts