GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard rumors on the Chevy version of the Acadia that's said to be coming soon? Timeline? Name? Specs?

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's still just a rumor, if an increasingly strong one, and no one really knows much of anything or has seen or read anything yet.

Could be...or might not be. I think it's a strong possibility, but then again, they might want Chevy to have something different and not make a 4th variant.

·
Registered
518 Posts
That is one thing that drives me nuts about GM for some reason. Why does every brand have to have a copy of every vehicle? Can't they differentiate brands by using different vehicles?

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zman, I know what you mean, but it's a cost saving measure for them to reuse a platform as many times as possible. One set of R&D costs, one plant, one assembly line, etc. You know, at first they planned on building minivans on the Lambda platform as well. But I guess when they saw the final product, they realized they didn't need to fight for minivan market share, they just obsoleted the genre!

·
Registered
97 Posts
From what I'v heard from my "lose liped" friend at GM said that the Chevy version hasn't been named just called 561 chassis (or build number). I was told that it was a "badass looking car" with "rectangle headlights w/ a circle dead in the middle and flat at the top (like the chevy camaro concept exhaust pipes)" But there's no name for it yet. As far as the new V8 is concerned. It should be ready by 2010 and E85 flexfuel in 2011. It should take trailblazers place in towing capability with tons of torque. I'v heard it's going to be a OHV small-block. Recently they pulled a Buick to cram it in to make sure it all fits together. It sounds like it'll be a huge motor for the car. That's all I know for right now but if if find out more I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Or, conversely, would GM move the Cadillac SRX to the lambda platform?

·
Registered
364 Posts
From Cheers and Gears:
Admist rumors that a Chevrolet Lambda-based CUV may be produced to accompany the Enclave, OUTLOOK, and Acadia, we're asking you to put your minds to work on this vehicle.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design a Chevrolet CUV vehicle that - while still based on Lambda architecture - would be well-differentiated from its sister vehicles and carry distinctive Chevy styling cues. Front AND rear chops are encouraged.[/color]

Here's one that "Ravenfreak13" submitted.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NOt a bad photochop, but obviously based heavily on the Enclave. I doubt it will look anything like that beyond the front grill

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here is a VERY rough chop that I did....

·
Registered
364 Posts
They look good, but sure do like Acadia front end the best!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=119973 (thanks racefla)

DETROIT — Industry sources tell Inside Line that the slow-selling Chevrolet Uplander's days are numbered and that a Lambda-based Chevrolet crossover vehicle is in the works for the 2009 model year.

Details on exactly when General Motors will pull the plug on the Uplander are fairly sketchy at this point. It could end production as early as the end of 2007, or it could be produced into early 2008 as a "bridge" vehicle as Chevrolet puts the finishing touches on the new model.

The Uplander, which is equipped with a 240-horsepower 3.9-liter V6 and a relatively old-fashioned four-speed automatic transmission, has not resonated with the buying public. The as-yet-unnamed Chevrolet crossover would be a sibling to the 2007 GMC Acadia, that brand's first crossover. The up-to-eight-passenger Acadia is equipped with a 275-hp 3.6-liter V6 and a more modern six-speed automatic transmission.

The upcoming Chevrolet crossover will be a seven-seater with unibody construction. Sources say the Uplander name will be dumped.

In addition, Buick is set to build the next-generation LaCrosse on General Motors' next-generation Epsilon platform for introduction in June 2009. The LaCrosse will share underpinnings with the next-generation Saturn Aura and Opel Vectra, as well as some of GM's Asian vehicles. Sources say GM is expected to keep the LaCrosse nameplate.

What this means to you: Crossovers are as American as apple pie to many U.S. consumers. No wonder why Chevy is anxious to add this one to its lineup.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
man, you guys are really good at "cut and paste". you should work for GM! and while you're there, build my Acadia please!!!!! ::)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isn't it easier to just cut n paste a short article like that here so you can read it without having to jump to another site? I try to collect all the Acadia/Lambda news I can find and collect it here in one location to make it easier to find and read. I always reference the original site and other members if they mention it first. Is that bad to you?

·
Registered
523 Posts
admin said:
Isn't it easier to just cut n paste a short article like that here so you can read it without having to jump to another site? I try to collect all the Acadia/Lambda news I can find and collect it here in one location to make it easier to find and read. I always reference the original site and other members if they mention it first. Is that bad to you?
Admin,
I'm all for plagiarism (How do you think I graduated from college) if it adds good content to the web site ;). Actually I think it's fine as long as you mention the original source.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was merely refering to the pictures when I mentioned cut n paste. I love what you're all doing here. you do an excellent job of linking to your sources. sorry if I offended anyone.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
That's what I thought you were referring to. Same for admin I hope.

I'm sure no one was offended.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts