GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,835 Posts
Just what the world needs - another fancy grocery cart!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
From the couple of pics in the article I find it a rather good looking vehicle. I can see Chevy following Ford and doing away with their sedans and only offering various size SUV's.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Just what the world needs - another fancy grocery cart!

Boy, am I with you on that. I owned a Blazer from 1998 to 2004. It was a nice vehicle built, I believe, on the small pickup frame. Was that the S-95? I also had a 1995 model of that.

I think these automobile mfg companies kick themselves in the ass by producing too many different models.

George

·
Super Moderator
19,835 Posts
Boy, am I with you on that. I owned a Blazer from 1998 to 2004. It was a nice vehicle built, I believe, on the small pickup frame. Was that the S-95? I also had a 1995 model of that.
I drove K5 Blazers and same era Broncos for work all over remote areas in the western U.S. I'm not aware of a CUV or SUV produced today which matches the "utility" and ruggedness of those vehicles.

@divotdug, I'm not a fan of the "Darth Vader" look of vehicles today. I don't find it pleasing to the eye at all. I laughed when Jeep came out with the 'angry insect' look of their Cherokee. The front of that Blazer looks like a merger of the two designs.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hate to be an I told you so but I told you so. LOL This is going to let Chevy compete in the mid-size CUV market.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The article is from CNN? Fake news! The Blazer is coming back but better than the world has ever seen. So many groceries people won't even believe it. YUGE!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ugh. I am a huge fan of the K5 Blazer and S10 Blazer (1st gen). I really wish Chevy would have brought the Blazer back as a true body on frame SUV. This new one looks like the Camaro and Equinox had a big kid.

This makes me glad we got the Acadia now. I'm a Chevy guy but we have really enjoyed the GMC's we've owned and continue to own. To me GMC seems more upscale or premium from the same Chevy variant.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
S-10, that is the model name I was looking for, not S-95.

Is the Trail Blazer what you are calling the K5 Blazer? I have rented one of those a few times and liked them also.

I also do not understand why Utility Vehicles cannot look like Utility Vehicles.

George

·
Super Moderator
19,835 Posts
Is the Trail Blazer what you are calling the K5 Blazer? I have rented one of those a few times and liked them also.
The K5 (4WD) Blazer was produced by Chevy ('69-'94) - it was also available on the C5 (2WD) chassis. It's only related to the Trail Blazer by name. GMC introduced their 'Jimmy' model on the same chassis about the same time.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
OK, now I remember that. It was the predecessor to the one I had. In that time frame I was not paying much attention to small SUV's/ I had a 1974 GMC 3/4 ton Suburban for 12 years. That is the only vehicle I ever owned where I saw the odometer go over 100,000 miles. That 454 was a real gas drinker. I needed the 40 gal gas tank to get between towns.

George

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yet another platform-mate for the Acadia and XT5... and by far the least impressive of the three as far as I'm concerned. I would still have the Acadia Denali given the choice.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
What i would like is the SRS/XT5 built on the new Blazer platform.

I think the XT5 could well use a little more size.

George

·
Registered
881 Posts
Didn't realize it was only going to seat up to 5, unless it was a typo.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Didn't realize it was only going to seat up to 5, unless it was a typo.
I do not think it i is a typo. It is supposed to fit between the Traverse and the Equinox. Can't imagine third row seats being of much value in a vehicle smaller than the Traverse.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I do not think it i is a typo. It is supposed to fit between the Traverse and the Equinox. Can't imagine third row seats being of much value in a vehicle smaller than the Traverse.

We already have a vehicle smaller than the Traverse with 3 rows of seats. It is called the NEW Acadia.

George

·
Registered
32 Posts
What i would like is the SRS/XT5 built on the new Blazer platform.

I think the XT5 could well use a little more size.

George

The XT5 and the Blazer ARE on the same platform. They're both C1XX crossovers. The new Blazer is not on a 'new' platform.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, except you can have 3 rows in the 2018 All Terrain. What I would have loved to see was an SUV based on the Colorado. Much like a mini Yukon. Don't get me wrong, this thing will sell like hotcakes but I'm just not impressed and I'm glad I didn't wait for it and instead went with the Acadia.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts