GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime my traction control enables/disables I get a warning on the DIC/HUD of check gauges. What gauges?
Is this normal? I could not find reference to it in the owners manual.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My traction control only has come on once but i did not notice any check gages info. We will get more snow today and i will check again.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine just flashes the yellow icon with the triangle, car and "S" curve. When the traction control goes back to normal, it goes away. Page 337 of the manual.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also get the yellow triangle icon, but the check gauges message appears immediately after the triangle turns off.

Sounds like I need to call the dealer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hmmm, hadn't noticed that...I'll try to spin around in the parking lot to see what it says...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer said they need to replace the traction control module. It is a special order part, so I have to take the car back in a few weeks for the fix.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't know if this adds much to this conversation, but it seems anytime there is an error/warning message on the instrument panel "Check Gauges" shows on the HUD. You can get it to come up by engaging the parking brake, for example.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer invoice stated replaced electronic brake and/or traction control module per bulletin #PIT4345.
Part #25829828

Now I am waiting for some snow or ice to try it out. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
"check gauges" appear on my hud when i shift to park and hit the parking brake,is this normal? :help:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that is normal.
Mine does it too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts