GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Long time no post. I've been enjoying my 2009 Acadia for about a year now (very early build) and have had my first issue pop up. This past week I'm in the Starbucks drive-thru and as I go to pull up to the window, I notice the Acadia doesn't respond as it usually does.....seemed a little sluggish coming out of idle. I look down at the dash and sure enough my check engine light is on. So after snaggin my goodies from the drive-thru window I decide to press the Onstar button and get a diagnostic. The attendant comes back with a couple of error codes, indicating a transmission issue. Specifically the interface between a speed sensor and a transmission module, I think is what the error code's description was. They recommended getting to the dealer within 24 hours; the light and the sluggishness did not go away after restarting the engine.

I dropped the Acadia off on Thursday and they provided me a loaner for the weekend while they look into it. I searched around on the forum before posting to see if there were any similar issues and only found this one, which digressed into an oil change discussion:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5918.0

I wanted to keep this separate from the tons of threads on transmission issues without an associated check engine light. Has anyone had both the light and the associated sluggishness?

Still loving my Acadia by the way, hope it winds up being an open/shut case.

-JonTon

Moderator edit
I have added speed sensor & transmission module to the title to differentiate it from the other threads.[/color]

·
Registered
347 Posts
Long Time, No Hear From JonTon!

Yup, I have the exact same problem. I discovered it yesterday - the sudden sluggishness, the engine light, the loss of power - and now the blinking light alternating with the solid engine light. I was not fortunante enough to be able to get mine to the dealership (late Friday night).

I immediately posted my concerns on line and got a response from Blue. He suggested that it may be an issue with the coil pack[/color], but he mentioned other potential reasons as well. (Check the posting under "Engine Light" http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5918.0). Now I will be trying to get this thing towed and just hope for the best.

This is real aggravating - especially the ONE TIME I really need this vehicle to work correctly. :mad:

Is that asking too much? ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had this issue with my 2007 after 55,000 miles. First they thought that the transmission control module was bad so they ordered that part and I got a rental. Today I got a call from the service mgr saying that they believe the control module is okay, but the Input shaft speed sensor has gone bad. Another day without my Acadia to wait for the part. Hoping to get it back tomorrow problem free. :banghead:

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm not sure if sluggish would describe the problem with our '08 Acadia, Sunday afternoon the trans seemed to be slipping as the RPMs increased without an increase in speed, got the "picture of the engine" light on the dashboard. They cleaned & replaced the transmission valve body but to no avail. Will respond once the dealer lets me know what the actual problem is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issues. Also notice a metallic whine. I had the car at the dealer and they replaced the power steering pump (different issue) but said the mechanic (so called) could not replicate my stumbling / loss of power issue. 2 miles from the dealer and I was able to replicate the problem. Has anyone found out what the issue is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts