GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light has been coming on and flashing. Rpms will go all over the place, hardly any exhaust coming out of the pipes, and it smells terrible. I have a 2011 slt1. Engine and alternator were replaced last year and are still under warranty. Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to get a friend with a scanner to come tell me the codes its throwing out. I could even get it to turn over earlier, but tried again and gave it a little gas and it turned over, but shaking pretty bad.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This light comes on during a malfunction in one of two ways: Light Flashing: A misfire condition has been detected. A misfire increases vehicle emissions and could damage the emission control system on the vehicle. Diagnosis and service might be required.
GMC Acadia/Acadia Denali Owner Manual - 2011 Black plate (19,1) Instruments and Controls 5-19
To prevent more serious damage to the vehicle: . Reduce vehicle speed. . Avoid hard accelerations. . Avoid steep uphill grades. . If towing a trailer, reduce the amount of cargo being hauled as soon as it is possible. If the light continues to flash, when it is safe to do so, stop the vehicle. Find a safe place to park the vehicle. Turn the vehicle off, wait at least 10 seconds, and restart the engine. If the light is still flashing, follow the previous steps and see your dealer for service as soon as possible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Flashing light, Don’t drive. Just as electbc said. Your friends scanner won’t help. Need a professional scanner. If under warranty take it back where you had the work done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a similar issue some time back on my '09.. Intermittent misfires all over the place. Turned out to be the fuse box. Remember this, when you try to drive with misfires you're dumping fuel into your cats and they may be ruined.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Had a similar issue some time back on my '09.. Intermittent misfires all over the place. Turned out to be the fuse box. Remember this, when you try to drive with misfires you're dumping fuel into your cats and they may be ruined.
Best advice . . . . and agree.
And dumping raw fuel into the cylinders which washes oil down past the rings and into the crankcase as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts