GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it rains really hard, my Acadia's check engine light comes on. It has happened twice and have taken to the dealer. Anyone else have this problem. I am in the military and in Germany so any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sounds like moisture may be triggering the light; any associated problems when the light comes on?

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Any signs of a leaky sunroof?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Any signs of a leaky sunroof?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No leaky sunroof. Engine feels different when driving. This is actually the 3rd time it has happened. Sometimes their is a very high pitch sound that runs down the battery. Really frustrated.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Do you have the ability to have it looked at by any kind of GMC technician?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Mightytke said:
No leaky sunroof. Engine feels different when driving. This is actually the 3rd time it has happened. Sometimes their is a very high pitch sound that runs down the battery. Really frustrated.
That high pitched noise that you are hearing is the belt slipping from the water being splashed up. There was a TSB about this, first to change the belt and then to install some new shielding to prevent this from happening.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
How is the slipping belt going to run down the battery?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It does enough so that I can see my lights dim. The slipping belt doesn't allow the alternator pully to turn and not charge the battery, allowing the items in use, i.e. A/C or defroster, tax the battery until gets the charge from the alternator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The high pitch sound is after I turn the engine off. It drains the battery and the acadia does not start. I can jump the acadia and it starts but the check engine light still comes on. ALso, if you drive it and then get out and try to turn the ignition off, you can take the key out and the acadia still runs. It has been to a German Chevrolet dealer twice. not sure what to do now.

Anybody know anything about this? please help. I am thinking there is a major short in one of the cables, just don't know where. thoughts...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
What year and type Acadia do you have and you do not have sun roofs right???

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You have a module that is staying on; might be the IPC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2009 with Sunroof. The dealer has changed the air mass module and 2 other parts already. it does the same thing each time...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2011 gmc acadia, with rain the engine light come on and I got stabilitrak light on also together, any one have idea how I can fix this problem???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts