GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends 08 acadia runs and drives fine until you come to a stop. The check engine light will begin to flash and the stabilitrak light will come on. You can feel the misfire. When you go to take off it sputters a small amount then drives good. Only sometimes will it do that. Then the truck somedays the check engine light will turn off and run great. I checked the codes but I am not sure where to start if y’all could give me some advice please and thank you. I uploaded a photo with the codes I pulled

Attachments

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
To rule something out.... being you have a 2008, this will be easy to check....
Check to make sure you dont have a dry/cracked nipple cap allowing a vacuum leak.
Not saying its your reason- but a small vacuum leak can cause issues.
see this thread for location of cap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
To rule something out.... being you have a 2008, this will be easy to check....
Check to make sure you dont have a dry/cracked nipple cap allowing a vacuum leak.
Not saying its your reason- but a small vacuum leak can cause issues.
see this thread for location of cap

Thank you! I did check this a while back because I changed the heater hoses and I noticed the hose was cut and had a tek screw at the end. So it should just have a cap?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I did check this a while back because I changed the heater hoses and I noticed the hose was cut and had a tek screw at the end. So it should just have a cap?
Also I noticed the pcv valve hose is broken on the opposite side of the valve cover I will fix those then go from there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I noticed the pcv valve hose is broken on the opposite side of the valve cover I will fix those then go from there!
So i checked for leaks but it’s good even sprayed some starting fluid to see if I noticed change but I didn’t

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
as long as its capped and not allowing a leak,
There was another member a few years back who came on- asking what that was- it had a small rubber hose- with a screw on the end.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Given the age of the car and the reputation of the '08, I would be looking for loose and/or corroded connections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts