• N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my wife attempted to leave this morning, the check engine light came on and then all of the dash lights and exterior lights began flashing. Restarting the engine, the check engine light is still on, off to the dealer she went. I'll report back what they found....

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: Check Engine Light - all dash lights flashing

Do you have the onstar option? If so it would have been interesting to give them a call and see what they say. Apparantly they can read trouble codes (I think I heard that in one of their ads).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Just logged on, kind of worthless, says my engine may need service if the light is on. But, the diagnostic was compete, no action necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

Curious to find out what the cause is and how it's fixed.

Just a note: when problems are experienced with the Acadia, it would be helpful to know which model the owner experiencing the problems has (SLE, SLT1, SLT2) and maybe what options.

Because I have a base model without an XM stereo, without navigation, without HUD, etc. and it's possible this type of an issue wouldn't even apply to my vehicle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Web Raven said:
Curious to find out what the cause is and how it's fixed.

Just a note: when problems are experienced with the Acadia, it would be helpful to know which model the owner experiencing the problems has (SLE, SLT1, SLT2) and maybe what options.

Because I have a base model without an XM stereo, without navigation, without HUD, etc. and it's possible this type of an issue wouldn't even apply to my vehicle.
Good point - SLT-2 All options except an engine block heater.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Added the poll above to see if anyone else is having this issue..

Adam

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks, forgot about adding the poll. Heard from the dealer, thay can't find anything, it logged an error code, but no one has a clue. Additionally, as long as it was in, asked about 07073 and 07058 recalls, had never heard of of them. Asked him to go back to the computer....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They went back to the drawing board.....after further delay, the vehicle is spending the night at the dealership. Apparently, a "Power train control module" blew out, and, since it is a new vehicle, none are stocked, hopefully they can get an overnight delivery.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, here is what happened. Apparently the car also died just after it was started, wouldn't restart immediately, but then started with the check engine light on and all lights flashing. Apparently, the engine control module fried out and needed to be replaced. While it was in, they also took care of 07058 & 07073. Overall, the service experience was pretty goof though, the service manager went out of his way to make sure we were happy, aside from the usual wash, they filled the tank and also have another form of “good will” being sent home. Very impressed with the service, they compared well to the Jaguar dealer I previously used. :)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
SAF_ALG said:
Overall, the service experience was pretty goof though, the service manager went out of his way to make sure we were happy, aside from the usual wash, they filled the tank and also have another form of “good will” being sent home. Very impressed with the service, they compared well to the Jaguar dealer I previously used. :)
:clap:

Glad to hear they got it fixed, and that they treated you well.

Kelly

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does GMC give you a loaner car if your Acadia is in the shop overnight?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MrBiz said:
Does GMC give you a loaner car if your Acadia is in the shop overnight?
I would assume they would. The dealer I purchased from gives them for all service visits, even same day.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kjf said:
SAF_ALG said:
Overall, the service experience was pretty goof though, the service manager went out of his way to make sure we were happy, aside from the usual wash, they filled the tank and also have another form of “good will” being sent home. Very impressed with the service, they compared well to the Jaguar dealer I previously used. :)
:clap:

Glad to hear they got it fixed, and that they treated you well.

Kelly
Thanks Kelly. Yes, they treated us very well. Infact, I think GM is watching this closely. As I mentioned, they filled it up with gas, provided the loaner and also, on the repair work order, was a line item for "Customer Good Will". The gas, loaner and "Customer Good Will" line items were on the actual repair order, with GM service codes, this came from the big boys and not the dealer. They want this vehicle right and the customers happy, they have alot riding on it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good to hear it was taken care of, and glad they are treating you right!

Adam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts