GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change the running lights bulb? Do you have to take off that big black plastic piece?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
ARTHC said:
Does anyone know how to change the running lights bulb? Do you have to take off that big black plastic piece?
GM's recommended procedure is to remove the front wheel well liner to get to the headlamp assembly from the back. Removing the front wheel to do this is optional.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
ARTHC said:
why do hey make this so hard????
We've been asking that question for awhile now and no one around here knows the answer.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :cheers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
ARTHC said:
why do hey make this so hard????
welcome to the world of the new car...

We just got rid of a Tahoe. You could take that thing apart with a philips head screwdriver and a 10mm socket.
The new cars are crazy. I have a nissan maxima and you need to take off the grill and the whole front bumper just to change the lights.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You oughta try to change the bulbs in one of thet new Volkswagens --- it will test your engineering skills.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i changed the running lights today. What an ordeal!! Took off the tire, undid the wheel well cover and had to reach my hand and arm into the lighting assembly. It was not fun!! It was difficult to actually reach into the receptacle to change the light out. But i did it and hope the other side does not go out soon!!! GMC wanted $20 to change a $2 bulb. I see why GM is in so much trouble. They try to make the vehicles so hard to do maintanace on, people do it on their own becasue it is so expensive!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
20 bucks is cheap for all the work you have to go thru. ;D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Schram said:
20 bucks is cheap for all the work you have to go thru. ;D
:ditto: I'm with you! But, if you haven't anything else to do, change it yourself and save $20.00?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
GeoHawk said:
GM's recommended procedure is to remove the front wheel well liner to get to the headlamp assembly from the back. Removing the front wheel to do this is optional.
Can you just turn the wheel either in or out to remove the cover?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check with your dealer for Warranty coverage. My dealer will cover bulbs, or used to. I haven't had to do one lately, but the last on I needed about 2 years ago, was covered. Of course they used to cover wiper blades too. That's probably a thing of the past now too. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
GeoHawk said:
Can you just turn the wheel either in or out to remove the cover?
Maybe, but I don't know for sure. I've never tried it. :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Gotta change my running lamp, :eek:hno: good thing it is time to rotate tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts