GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I posted this in the Enclave Forum but there were no replies. Thought I would try here...

Has anyone tried ceramic brake pads in the past? Do you think they work well? I have been looking for some and found these...

<a href="http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/raybestos/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLD4s3NrEASZnFhwCZRvqRGGKGCLEgfW99X4_83FT9AP2C3NCIckdHRQDw-Sze/delta/base64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1Evb0tvUUFBSVFnakZJQUFRaENFSVFqR0VKemdBIS80SkZpQ28wZWgxaWNvblFWR2hkLXNJZDJFQSEhLzdfVl84VTAvOTUvc2EuUG9ydGxldE5BVkFjdGlvbg!!?__formSubmitted=true&__resetPortletState=false&productId=299126&storeCode=ToolTech&brandCode=raybestos&queryIndex=0&pager.offset=0&dummy=&maxParamCount=10&storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10052&resultType=2&qtyAvailable=&qtyAvailableOperator=EQUAL&qtyMeasure=&qtyMeasureCaseSensitive=&qtyMeasureOperator=EQUAL&searchCriteria=Exact&partNumber=ATD883C&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=&partNumber=&manufacturerCode=#">Lambda Ceramic Brake Pads</a>
<a href="http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal...=&__formSubmitted=true&langId=-1">Application Chart</a>

Thanks!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have used ceramic brake pads on several vehicles with good results. In particular I have used them on an Infiniti G35 and an Audi S6. In both cases brake performance and feel was excellent, as good or better than OEM and brake dust buildup was significantly reduced. The latter being a real plus in my book but doesn't seem to be anywhere as big an issue with the Acadia. The ceramics that I used were Hawk pads however and I do not really know much about the Raybestos ones in your link

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ceramic pads or carbon metallic pads are better in almost every situation. The American automakers compromise on their choice of pads. They go with the pad that most people will not complain about. Different kinds of pads have unique noise characteristics. The automakers will sacrifice a little performance for a pad that is quieter. Personally, I don't care if the pads make a little noise if they are going to stop me faster! If you've ever go to Europe, listen to their brakes. They tend to make more noise because the automakers don't make as many compromises for a quieter pad. Just my observation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! I was going to order some of the ceramic pads but the website says they only fit the rear. I couldn't find the front ones so I am going to wait awhile to see if other companies come out with some.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is refreshing to hear. I have performance brakes on my 07 Grand Prix GXP and they squeak like crazy, a bit annoying since I have always associated squeaky brakes with ones that either need to be replaced or a poor installation. My car stops on a dime and that is the important part. I would rather someone rear end me because they couldn't stop than me be the one doing the ramming.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the same problem. I put ceramic on my sierra and they squeak with light pressure on the pedal. I have even installed the metal shims that come with pads and they still make noise. They do stop good though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts