GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does GM have some phobia about center headrests? On a $40,000 multipassenger vehicle, why do the outboard passengers only have headrests? Even on my 10 year old Volvo and BMW, I have them. A brand new Caddy CTS across the street lacks them. I understand the center one can be a visual barrier, but have it push down flush with the seat! Call me a safety nut, but I think this is a major oversight. I wonder if it can be added on by the dealer for a reasonable price?? Does anyone else have this concern?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I can't see back there because my flip-down dvd screen is in the way :angel:

·
Registered
46 Posts
My mother-in-law's VW came with a head rest in the middle of the back seat. I think it is somewhere in the garage. She took it out because she couldn't see behind her.

·
Registered
74 Posts
kcgr said:
Does GM have some phobia about center headrests? On a $40,000 multipassenger vehicle, why do the outboard passengers only have headrests?
BTW, what is the purpose of headrests, anyway? I mean, does anybody actually drive or ride with their head bent back against the headrest? When I sit upright in a vehicle, my head is nowhere near the 'headrest', and I've never noticed anyone else resting their head on one. Just curious.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's for whiplash protection in the event of a crash. The center of the headrest should be adjusted to the middle of the back of your head.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wish there was a center headrest too, it is important for whiplash protection. My husbands Honda Piolot has them in the center of the two rear seats, when they're in the down position they are not in the way at all. The Chrysler vehicles don't have them either.
Lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was thinking of installing a H.A.N.S. device for the middle center passenger.... :D

TwinDaddy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts