GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Acadia without the center console, but with second row captain's chairs... Are there any opinions about adding a center with three kids?
mritter

·
Registered
51 Posts
We really REALLY wanted the second row console..........but had to settle without it because it is not available. WE ARE SOOOOOO HAPPY :blob: we didn't get it! Yes, I know the Acadia is great because of the "smart slide" system.........blah, blah, blah..........but it is just so much easier to walk into the back row! Especially considering that I have 2 booster seats and would have to remove them, do the smart slide, have someone get into the third row, put the seat back, put the booster back, and then put the kid into the booster.

The aisle is just way better.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Total agreement, with 2 convertible toddler seats the middle pass thru is definitely needed to stuff the in-laws in the 3rd row for going out for dinner or short trips (road trips for that matter).

·
Registered
487 Posts
arwmommy said:
We really REALLY wanted the second row console..........but had to settle without it because it is not available. WE ARE SOOOOOO HAPPY :blob: we didn't get it! Yes, I know the Acadia is great because of the "smart slide" system.........blah, blah, blah..........but it is just so much easier to walk into the back row! Especially considering that I have 2 booster seats and would have to remove them, do the smart slide, have someone get into the third row, put the seat back, put the booster back, and then put the kid into the booster.

where do the chickens ride?

·
Registered
425 Posts
As of last week, we are up to three kids. We have the two captain's chairs in the 2nd row...and we had no desire to get the center console due to some difficulty for the oldest child to get in the back. The other two kids are in car seats...so it's not possible to make the seat fold and slide.

·
Registered
51 Posts
coloradoGM said:
arwmommy said:

where do the chickens ride?

HA! Actually, when we have to take them to the vet, they usually go in a small dog carrier........but the last 2 times have been emergencies and I have held them for the 1/2 mile drive to the vet. (Dog attack, cat attack.......ugh) They were freaking out, and considering they are my daughters PETS, they follow me around like I'm their mama, and not only want to be held, but *need* to be held. (FYI-- they are bantams [miniature chickens-- like 1/4 - 1/3 the size of regular chickens!])

More info than you wanted for an off the top comment, but we love them!

Hanging out on the doghouse:

Reading books to them: (note the book about ducks in the LH corner)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts