GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disassemble the console near the gar selector?
Or does any one know if there is anything behind it on the drivers side?
I need to mount something to it but don't want to drill holes though anything "important".

I can do the upper center console, that one gets a lot of post here, but I need the lower now.

Silent

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I can't find it, but I know there is a thread in here about the Navigation lock pick kit where someone posted a video of how to remove the console. I believe that if you pull the rubber inserts out of the cup holders you will find 2 screws, take those out, but I can't remember the rest. Keep using the search feature typing in different words in regards to navagtion lock pick kit.

Maybe someone else knows the thread better.
Sorry couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, then how about the right side kick panel on the drivers side? Does anybody know if that can be removed and if so how? Or can the vent cover be at least removed? Anyone, anyone?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Either side of the console can be removed. The side panel is one piece from the front near the firewall to where the hard plastic part of the console starts (around the middle of the seat cushion). There are 5 or 6 push-in clips holding it to the console. All of the clips are in the area of the gearshift rearward. The top of the carpreted side panel is held in a groove in the console top panel. The front part of the side panel just kind of sits there with friction from the carpeting. Just pull the front of the side panel away from the console and reach in with your hand to force the side panel away from the console structure, popping the clips.

I removed the right side of the console (passenger side) without removing the passenger seat. I slid the seat all the way back and down. It was a bit of a pain to reach in there and pop the last 2 clips. It would have been no effort at all if I had taken the seat out (or at least wrestled it into the rear seat area). The service manual says to remove the seat but I weighed the effort in that vs. the effort to work in the confined space. Putting the panel back was a snap.

Don't try to remove any of the vent grills. They are bonded to the side panel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks domtesta, I'll give it a try this weekend unless you think I can drive four screws into the side panel without hitting anything.
Also, assuming the kids co-operate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You could probably pull off enough of the panel with the driver's seat in place to get a pretty good look in there and leave those last 2 clips in place. There's enough wiring and stuff in there to make me not want to drill in blind- at least on the passenger side. I can't speak too much to the driver's side. If you're mounting to the side panel itself, you could even use machine nuts or speed nuts on the back side to be more secure than sheet metal screws. Be careful if you drill into the carpreted part of the side panel. The carpeting tends to snag on the drill bit and cause a run. Better to slice it first with a knife. If you're mounting to the top of the console, never mind- it's pretty solid there. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.