GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I'm being naive, but when I changed our radio to the factory navigation one, I expected the artist & title to show up in the display. I've enabled the option for additional information, but all I get is "Track 1" etc.

The posts I've been reading indicate the track information will show up when an iPod is intergrated, so I tried burning a CD from my iPod library, but nothing changed.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did you burn the cd as an Audio CD or an MP3 Disk? I don't have factory navigation, just the standard radio that
comes on the SLT-1, but I get the "Track 1" behavior on Audio CD's. MP3 disks show the Artist and Title on the
display.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I went to my library in iTunes, there's a file option to burn a disc with selected tracts. I kinda assumed they'd be MP3's, but obviously I don't know enough about the subject. Time for more research...thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Itunes allows you to establish your "default" setting. If you never went in to change anything, I believe the "out of the box" default is mp4 (acc). You have to manually go in and switch it to mp3.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...it took some dinking around, but yeah, I found all my files in the iTune library were in AAC format. When I highlight a track and click on "advanced" there's an option to convert the track to MP3. Once I did that there was a duplicate track in my library in the new format.

Because I was unsure what would happen when I synced the iPod again, I de-selected the one's in the MP3 format. I only did a test disc with a couple dozen songs, but I created a new playlist and dropped the new tracks in it. I had to re-select the tracks in the new playlist before I burned it, but the track info shows up on my display. Then I went back to de-select the tracks in my new playlist so they wouldn't be duplicated the next time I plugged in the iPod.

If there's anything I missed, please let me know...Skip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have burned audio CDs from my MP3 library using windows media player but I am not able to get any track information either.

I have never been sucessful burning a MP3 <data> cd with windows explorer (drag and drop a song onto CD and closing session upon eject which inititates the burn). Not even a CD with a single song.

Help!!! :help:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Moon said:
I have burned audio CDs from my MP3 library using windows media player but I am not able to get any track information either.
Audio CD have .cda extension...they are not a file but rather a reference to where the file is located. You will not be able to see any information while playing it. The only time an Audio CD displays its track information is when it is encoded with it (CDs of this type has a CD Text on its label) and your player should also be capable of displaying the text (information).

I have never been sucessful burning a MP3 <data> cd with windows explorer (drag and drop a song onto CD and closing session upon eject which inititates the burn). Not even a CD with a single song.
Help!!! :help:
You can't do it with window explorer. You can burn your MP3 files as Audio CD (choose Audio CD as burning option) or MP3 (choose Data CD as burning option) using windows media player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts