GMC Acadia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed a CD containing MP3's into the cd slot of the NAV/DVD system. It would not play and the disc will not eject. In the menu, the DISC tab is colored blue, while the other tabs are colored white. I have tried ejecting the CD by using the button, tried to force eject the CD ( by holding the eject button for 5 seconds ). I even stopped by the dealership and they too could not get it to eject. They stated that they would need to take the NAv unit out and send it away for repair. This could take upwards of 4 weeks. I don't want to go without radio for that long! Does anyone know why this might have happened, or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I will let you know if and when I take it in and how long it takes.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
322 Posts
Added poll...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Any paper label on your disc?

You may try disconnecting your battery and see if a complete reboot may help.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Added poll...
Adam has become the POLL man ;D :beer:. every post has a poll added by him. ;D

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
:thumb: :thumb:

We are fortunate to have some folks that watch these sections...This helps give them feedback from the customer...

Thanks Joe for the comment...I would expect that coming from you.... ;) ;) :p :p

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
50 Posts
did the unit even try to play the disc? I assume the loading motor pulled the disc in?

use a flashlight and look into the slot on the unit... can you see the edge of the cd? Before letting the dealer take it and send it away for repairs, i would either A) use another cd or like sized device to see if i could 'push' on the cd that is in there, and make sure it loaded all the way. or B) if you can see the edge of the cd, carefully, using heavy tweezers, etc, see if you can pull the disc out..... if you cant do either, then you're no worse off, really!

·
Registered
48 Posts
gferraby said:
I just placed a CD containing MP3's into the cd slot of the NAV/DVD system. It would not play and the disc will not eject. In the menu, the DISC tab is colored blue, while the other tabs are colored white. I have tried ejecting the CD by using the button, tried to force eject the CD ( by holding the eject button for 5 seconds ). I even stopped by the dealership and they too could not get it to eject. They stated that they would need to take the NAv unit out and send it away for repair. This could take upwards of 4 weeks. I don't want to go without radio for that long! Does anyone know why this might have happened, or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I will let you know if and when I take it in and how long it takes.

Thanks,

George
I took a test drive in an Enclave this weekend. Same thing happened.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had that happen. The procedure to get it out was to turn off the car, open the door (make sure the navigation/radio shuts off), wait about 5 minutes (or you can just listen when the CD stops spinning) then press and hold eject button for 5 seconds.
Pretty much the idea is to eject CD when the system is not active and not trying to read it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing just happened to me. I will try to do described above and let you know how it goes. It it does not work... back to the dealer for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got it out. The door open and the key out. I had to press the eject button 5 or 6 times before it came out. The dealer ran his checks and determiuned that the NAV unit needs to be replaced as the same disc worked on a Seirra NAV system which he said was the same as the Acadia's. The disc also worked in a non-NAV system. The new unit should be here shortly.......

Thanks for the tips guys and gals............

Keep em coming........

G.Ferraby

·
Registered
28 Posts
toastyz71 said:
did the unit even try to play the disc? I assume the loading motor pulled the disc in?

use a flashlight and look into the slot on the unit... can you see the edge of the cd? Before letting the dealer take it and send it away for repairs, i would either A) use another cd or like sized device to see if i could 'push' on the cd that is in there, and make sure it loaded all the way. or B) if you can see the edge of the cd, carefully, using heavy tweezers, etc, see if you can pull the disc out..... if you cant do either, then you're no worse off, really!
Just want to thank toastyz71 for the tweezers trick...it really worked.

Only 2 days after I got this happened, so you understand I freaked out! :banghead:

Never use DVD with home-made sticker, 1 nano-millimeter too thick and you're done!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that happen. The procedure to get it out was to turn off the car, open the door (make sure the navigation/radio shuts off), wait about 5 minutes (or you can just listen when the CD stops spinning) then press and hold eject button for 5 seconds.
Pretty much the idea is to eject CD when the system is not active and not trying to read it.
Thank you so much this worked!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.