GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO!!!! Not may Acadia!!! Just thought I'd share with you all what happened here on our parking lot. 2004 Ford Expedition caught on FIRE... We never found out what caused it. After the Fire Dept put the fire out we went back into work. Didn't get a chance to chat with the fire dept.

Notice how the hood melted away....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Wow!! A friend of mine had her car parked next to one that caught on fire. She had a Saturn and that non-scratch stuff melted off her car and left the shell. I can't believe that the hood melted like that on a Ford. It must have been a hot fire!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ttwins,

Sorry for your loss, but I do like seeing Fords burning.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bear34 said:
Ttwins,

Sorry for your loss, but I do like seeing Fords burning.
bear,
Thanks but this was not my Expedition. Just some one who was parked across our parking lot. I couldn't help not to take a video and pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
IIRC Ford had some ignition switch recalls due to shorting and fires. But is does look like this one started in the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That was probably an aluminum hood as a weight saving device. My RX7 has one since it is a convertible.

Good photos ttwins. I have a truck on fire photo I took one day while driving (think it was an S10), if I can find it I'll post it here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A friend's F-150 did the same thing. Most likely it was the brake pressure switch on the cruise control system. There's power going to the switch even when the vehicle is off, and brake fluid can get in the switch and start a fire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jake_99 said:
I don't think it was a 2004. I think this body style (obvious in bumper area) was 99-2001.
your right :-X I should have just said FORD Expedition.. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
No big loss though, it was just a Furd ;D J/K if anyone owns a blue oval vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts