GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a "crossover" from the Outlook forum (horrible pun intended), and I've been lurking on this site for a while now. I'm close to pulling the trigger on an Outlook, but don't want to until I've looked at the fit/finish of the Acadia. Unfortunately, I can't find a single one in my area (Salt Lake) to look at. But, on to my question...I read somewhere, and now can't find where, that the seat bottoms and carpet on the Acadia are only available in black. True? How do those of you who have the titanium or brick like this combination? From pictures, I can't tell if this would drive me crazy or not. My first impression is that I wouldn't like it, but wanted some input from other owners.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mister T,

I have always preferred the seats, carpet, and trim to be the same color, preferably a light color, although I have had to get all black interior a couple times to get the car exterior color I wanted.

I ordered Deep Blue with Light Titanium because my wife liked it, but I didn't think that I'd be that thrilled with the light seats and black carpet etc.

However, when it arrived and having been driving it around, I really am pleased with the combination and we have gotten nothing but complements from others on the interior (although some thought the Blue exterior would show too much dirt--it does show dust and dirt sooner than our previous Silver MDX).

Bottom line, it is a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think the titanium leather interior is beautiful with the black carpet! Pictures on the internet do not do it justice - you have to see it in person.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I too have Titanium with black carpet and think it looks superb. The contrast adds to the styling IMO.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The carpet is black, but the seat bottom (part that you sit on) is the interior color of your choice...

I really like the brick interior..

Adam

·
Registered
794 Posts
Don't know if these will help? Excuse the dirt, it rained yesterday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sandman said:
Don't know if these will help?

Thanks Sandman, those do help. Unfortunately, the opinion I'm forming is still that the two-tone look is a bit more reminiscent of a truck's interior, and less like a "luxury" vehicle. As an earlier reply stated, it's all a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good thing it's not a luxury vehicle otherwise they may have to ding it a couple of points for not noticing that the carpet is different color than the seats. ;D

·
Registered
794 Posts
All I can say is that all that mud would really show up well on white carpets, so I'm kinda glad that its different. Of course, my last ride was a ford aerostar - so to me this is a real luxury.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey Sandman....Love the pics...thanks for taking the time. I ordered the Titanium Int. I remember a BMW I never bought (that I loved) that had a similar color scheme. I think the contrast is great. Especially the silver trim pieces.

My Yellow Labrador dog hair will not mix well with the carpet...but it's my wifes ride right?! She can vacuum her car!!! Ha.

Happy to see GMC do something more forward thinking with colors. It's great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all...I appreciate the feedback. I went through some pictures on the gallery pages as well. Not having driven one and poked around the interior, I'm just anxious to actually see it for myself. As many have said on this forum, pictures don't do it justice. So, maybe I'll fall in love with the color combos too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I didn't think i would like the liquid silver with the titanium seats but my wife liked it i would have gone for the ebony but it does grow on you. It will show dirt and rub spots more then ebony.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Picked up my brick interior yesterday!

It is a great combination. Gives it a sporty feel. The dealer told me he could have sold my Acadia 8 times over in the 24 hours it was waiting for me to pick up.

It is a very stylish interior.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I'm still not sold on the brick color. I saw it in person and didn't care for it. But I agree, it does give the Acadia a more "sporty" look to it. :)

On a carpet related note... have any of you guys found that the carpet and floor mats are incredibly difficult to vacuum pet hair off of? Or anything for that matter. It's like it just sucks in the dirt, dust and pet hairs! Drove me nuts last weekend when I was cleaning the Acadia.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My wife's car is blue with tan interior. The carpet is also tan. I wish we had black carpet to hide stains, etc. My wife spilled a cup of coffee on the carpet...I was unable to get the entire stain out with a steam cleaner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I absolutely love the Brick interior with the black. I was really nervous until I actually went to pick mine up and saw the interior......loved it......

·
Registered
173 Posts
Web Raven said:
On a carpet related note... have any of you guys found that the carpet and floor mats are incredibly difficult to vacuum pet hair off of? Or anything for that matter. It's like it just sucks in the dirt, dust and pet hairs! Drove me nuts last weekend when I was cleaning the Acadia.
I am not a big fan of the carpet in the Acadia. I've made mention of that in several past posts. I don't have pets but my daughter and I have long hair. The carpet also seems to attract and hold on to little white fuzz balls and lint. You can also see every speck of dirt and grass (I have kids so this is pretty much a constant issue.) I have a pretty good vacuum cleaner so I know that's not the problem. I finally went to the auto parts store and purchased some cheap rubber floor mats to help save my sanity!!! Now I can just shake off most of the dirt and only have to worry about vacuuming around the rubber mats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts