GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what material the Cargo shade is made of?

·
Registered
218 Posts
It looks like it is made of the same material that is the shade for the sunroofs.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The material of my cargo cover is softer and thicker than the shade for the sunroofs. Ingenious engineering here too. It folds up and has an extra square of fabric that makes a pocket to store it neatly, by folding inside out in the pocket. Like the plastic bag and the work gloves for changing the tire...nice touch GM! :thumbsup:

I know, I know... :worthless:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. :thumb: The little touches seem to get better each day on this vehicle. And yes, pics would be nice :clap:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Man, I'm glad you posted that, I've had mine wadded up in the rear for 3 months now. Never would have thought to check for the pocket!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I have yet to take mine out also... ;) we're sad, aren't we?

·
Registered
261 Posts
and one beyond the cargo cover is their supposed to be a tool kit somewhere in the Acadia? Anyone know and if so, where might one find it. Thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not sure if there are actual tools, but in the driver's side rear behind the 3rd row, there is a panel with some vents in it. My father in-law was looking over the car and being curious popped it open. Inside we found the jack and what looked to be the plastic bag of lug changing tools. I didn't pull any of it out yet, but I think that might be all there is.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Speaking of finding things. Did you know that underneath the change container in the front is a really deep well with another electrical outlit?

·
Registered
261 Posts
sandman said:
Speaking of finding things. Did you know that underneath the change container in the front is a really deep well with another electrical outlit?
I found that out yesterday because someone, I forgot who, posted pictures of his Acadia and one of the pics was of the center console. Before then I had absolutely no idea it was there.

This forum is great for sharing information and a credit to the guys that started it!! :cheers:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I agree completely :cheers:

Plus, I've got no idea what I would be doing late at night without it (except maybe sitting in my car looking at the moon and listening to XM).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased the cargo shade option with my Acadia when I ordered mine, but was disappointed when I saw it. The material is like the sunroof shade material. I was expecting a retractable type shade/cover for the cargo area, not a loose piece of fabric that needs to be hooked on hooks manually. I guess I should not 'assume' what it was like, but asked before I ordered it. :-\

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
sandman said:
I thought to look for this one right away because when I was emptying out my Vue at the dealership, I discovered that there was another outlet down below the cup holders! I'll be. I owned that thing over a year and a half and never knew that. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts