GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
The storage sites in the back would just about make up the difference.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
All the specs I've ever seen before have said 19.7. I suspect sandman is correct that they must be counting the underfloor storage bins to get to 25.5. Sneaky devils. >:D

·
Registered
812 Posts
you can call that "good" marketing.... >:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is no way that the under floor storage accounts for the 19.7 cf to 25.5cf... that would mean that there is 5.8cf under the floor.. IE 1' x 2' x 2.9'...

Dammit.. now you're gonna force me take the tape measurer out to the back of the Acadia!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
KBacon said:
There is no way that the under floor storage accounts for the 19.7 cf to 25.5cf... that would mean that there is 5.8cf under the floor.. IE 1' x 2' x 2.9'...

Dammit.. now you're gonna force me take the tape measurer out to the back of the Acadia!!! :banghead:
They may be calculating it with the storage bins completely removed (which you can do by the way if you want more storage).

I'm glad you're doing the tape measure, because I'm not anal enough to do so myself. ;) BTW, I think there was some discussion on the Traverse forum about the Traverse specs supposedly showing more cargo space than Acadia. A change in the calculation methodology may be the explanation for that, too - i.e. they really aren't different (2009 Traverse specs being compared to 2008 Acadia specs).

·
Registered
752 Posts
KBacon said:

Don't forget the storage area on the left side. It is really deep. And of course the other small side ones.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, we just got back from vacation and I had completely removed the storage bin and the split 2-seat portion of the 3rd row. I was surprised how much more space just by taking out that bin alone. If you remove your seats, don't forget to put the bolts back into the floorboard, because without, you can look right down to the roadway, through the hole!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Hunt said:
Yes, we just got back from vacation and I had completely removed the storage bin and the split 2-seat portion of the 3rd row. I was surprised how much more space just by taking out that bin alone. If you remove your seats, don't forget to put the bolts back into the floorboard, because without, you can look right down to the roadway, through the hole!
Any photos of this project?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got about 100 of the family vacation at beautiful lake Michigan, but none of the seat and storage bin removed. It's simple though, just be sure to remove the storage bin first, so you can get to the bolts holding down the seat. I covered up the insulation on the floorboard, with my original issue floor mats. (seats and storage bin put back in immediately upon return).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.