GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that if the windows fog up in the cargo area it is almost impossible to defrost them. I have tried to use the defrost option and the defrost with floor heat option with the fan blowing on high and it doesn't seem to defrost. Am I using the wrong setting? Am I supposed to use the rear controls? There is no defrost on the rear controls though. Plese Help :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
The only window in the back that has a dedicated defrost/defog function is the rear hatch glass. For that, of course, you use the rectangular defrost button.

If I have no passengers (or if I do and I don't think they mind) I use the rear controls to set the air to split between the roof and floor vents, a little warmer than up front with the fan pretty high. I point the rear roof vents to point at the windows.

I have automatic/split climate controls and if you use the aux button up front to activate the rear heat/air it mimics the setting you have up front. I prefer to control them separately, though.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have found that running the rear split between floor and up top with the AC on yet set to warm keeps the rear windows clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts