GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since having the dual skyscape sunroof I was just wondering since there is a rubber gasket around the glass has anyone use anything to protect the seal so it doesn't dry out and cause leaks maybe?

TB

·
Registered
8 Posts
tbliss said:
Since having the dual skyscape sunroof I was just wondering since there is a rubber gasket around the glass has anyone use anything to protect the seal so it doesn't dry out and cause leaks maybe?

TB
Silcone is usually the best to protect the rubber gasket. I once had an Olds 442 with T-tops. I always put silicone on the gaskets and it never leaked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rubberized silicone spray in a can is available at most hardware, automotive supply stores should cost 2-5 dollars
It sprays clear but will leave a mist on the vehicle glass and body if you direct it at the rubber seals etc.
-Spray liberally in a cloth and apply to the rubber/seal until it is evenly coated without getting any on the glass or vehicle body
you can apply as often as you wish

I've been using it on my 99 honda civic since new and the rubbers are just like new

·
Registered
75 Posts
For rubber seals around door openings and exterior of car, I would recommend Einszett 1z Gummi Pflege rubber care stick. It does need some time to cure, but makes your weatherstripping and other rubber exterior trim look brand spankin' new again. I've used it on 4-5 year old cars and have had tremendous success. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts