GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the next few weeks as we ramp up the site and get all the new features up and running, we will have full fledged Photo Gallery where members can post their pics, include comments, rate and rank, and more. Until then, this forum will allow users to share their photos with the community.

Here are some pictures of our new GMC Acadia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the 18" wheels, or the upgraded 19" wheels? I've yet to see a picture with the 18" wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, like Tdrumm said, these are the standard 18s. And they are PLENTY big, IMO. Compared to my mother-in-law's Toyota Sienna AWD, these things are enormous!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I guess I am alone in loving the 19's

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well I will say this on the 19"s, they look great, they DO look better than the 18"s. But the 18"s do look good too and:
- Less expensive at purchase
- Longer wear
- Smoother ride (not just my butt saying this, the reviews reflect this as well)
- Less expensive at replacement

For me, that is giving up too much for the sake of looks.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pretty much agree with mitchl. I love the 19s, no question about it, but not sure I'd be willing to live with the other hassles. And igven the fact that this is actually my wife's Acadia, she got the final say and "smooth ride" is way higher on her list than "better looking" ... some women ;D

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
admin said:
I pretty much agree with mitchl. I love the 19s, no question about it, but not sure I'd be willing to live with the other hassles. And igven the fact that this is actually my wife's Acadia, she got the final say and "smooth ride" is way higher on her list than "better looking" ... some women ;D
the nerve

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm with NY Joe I like the 19's better, they're only $600 more if you get them with the truck. I think the 19 make the truck look more luxo, the 18's make it look more like a truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very disappointed in whoever took these pics...

Look at all the dirt/snow salt on the lower portion of the car. Do you even care what your car looks like?

I bet you would never post pics of your shiny sports car online like that.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
BMWLover said:
I am very disappointed in whoever took these pics...

Look at all the dirt/snow salt on the lower portion of the car. Do you even care what your car looks like?

Its a byatch taking delivery of a new car in the winter on the east coast!!!

Do you own a BMW or is that just a screename?  IF you own, check out www.e46fanatics.com.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BMWlover is my wife's coworker and just likes busting my chops ;)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
admin said:
BMWlover is my wife's coworker and just likes busting my chops ;)
Haha.

BAN HIM/HER!!!!!! That will stop that! : )

Since that's the case, it is kind of dirty.

I hate to tell you but that color is almost as hard as black to keep clean. Had it on my first Envoy and it showed EVERYTHING!!!!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
BMWLover said:
Ohh, shiny sports car. Do tell.

My shiny sports car fund turned into a finished basement for my son. Funny how that happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NYJoe,

Thanks for the info on the forum – not a member there as mine is an E39 series - a 2002 525i w/manual transmission which is not common for that series as I prefer to drive my cars rather than ride around in automatic world. All things aside – the Acadia is a very nice car – not for me as I have no wife or kids to transport and have no reason for just that much room.

Admin,

I thought we were closer than just a co-worker… where is the love?

I mean would you post pics of an black Infiniti G35 Coupe all dirty?

·
Registered
360 Posts
This could be your first Ban! ;D ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm with NY Joe I like the 19's better, they're only $600 more if you get them with the truck. I think the 19 make the truck look more luxo, the 18's make it look more like a truck.
I'm with you...I drove both of them and couldn't tell the difference between the 18's and 19's. The only ride difference I could tell...and my wife picked up on it too without me telling her...was with the AWD it seemed to be a stiffer setup and a slightly rougher ride. Dealer confirmed that we were not the only ones to notice it. We went with the FWD for that reason.

I hate to tell you but that color is almost as hard as black to keep clean. Had it on my first Envoy and it showed EVERYTHING!!!!
But it's sooooooo great looking when it's clean. Figured on adding 1 wash per week to the budget. :)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just went to lunch with him today and told him about the site. He's a great guy, he just like picking on me.You saw my G today, it's filthy! But no, I'd probably not post pics of it like that ;) heh

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
graffx4 said:
But it's sooooooo great looking when it's clean. Figured on adding 1 wash per week to the budget. :)
Agreed. I have a black car and my wife's previous car was the slate (dark grey) altima. So I definitely know how hard iti s to keep these things clean. But the truth is, when it's not 10 degrees outside, I actually enjoy the process of a nice hand wash and several coats of Zaino. Nothing quite like a clean polished deep black finish - at least for the first two days whiles it still looks clean ;)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
We definately need a detailing sub forum.

Do you have a Porter-cable orbital? I highly suggest picking one up if you don't.

G35's are nice. My friend had the Graphite color(silver/gray).

BMWlover..all in good fun. Nice ride that E39. Love that bodystyle.

As for the ban....hmmmmm

1 - 20 of 34 Posts