GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there are these clubs going on... Blue/Gold Acadia Club, Dark Crimson Metalic Club, Liquid Silver Acadia Club.. Thought I'd start a club too!! :thumb:

Come one came ALL!!! Join the Carbon Black Acadia Club!! The perks and benefits are: We can talk about the color Carbon Black and maybe we can all post pic of our Carbon Black Acadias. Although they may all look similar. hahaha Point is to just have fun doing it and maybe show off what ever mods you have done to your Acadia. ;D

I like dFrank78's Idea.. "Take the next available member number and put it in your signaure line"[/color]
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
Great I'm #2 No Jokes!!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
Oh Why not, I am #3






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
Member #2 Photos
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
Wouldn't mind seeing a night shot with those led lights on the side steps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:woot: :woot: Total of 3 members in just under 1 hour. :clap: :clap:

:welcome: :banana:

The pics are great! Keep'em coming.. I'll upload mine when I get home today!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Love the color. #4 is here. Picutres to follow. :blob: :dancing: :woot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Oh why not...I was gonna hold out for number "Sieben", but might as well keep the party going while its HOT. #5 reporting for duty :cheers:

BTW the chrome body molding is just above the plastic side valance, but it is really subtle and hard to see in pictures. Adds a nice simple touch and draws a connection to the angle of the roof racks.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Red Jewel spying! I think you guys are the coolest! I love the mods you all have done. It's funny, I expected them all to look the same, but they don't. Congrats on being the most creative Acadia owners! I'm coming here more often to find new stuff to do to mine (if that's OK ::))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mckcab said:
Red Jewel spying! I think you guys are the coolest! ;D :thumb: I love the mods you all have done. It's funny, I expected them all to look the same, but they don't. Congrats on being the most creative Acadia owners! I'm coming here more often to find new stuff to do to mine (if that's OK ::))
:cheers::blob: :beer: :blob:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
I will take new pics of the chrome after the car wash and of the running boards tonight!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
mborden said:
Member #2 Photos
can you say: "bling, bling"? That's a lot of chrome trim. Looks good
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
IMGNTHT. i love the full overlay grille setup. I wish that I could get it with mine to match the grille I have... I think it would like nice.
Can you take a closer pick of the chrome by the valance you were talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bonk1313 said:
Oh Why not, I am #3


Bonk1313
Are the TV's factory or aftermarket? I have twins and I'm thinking of dual headrest TV's rather than the single overhead. I've done the single overhead on my previous truck and it blocked the rearview mirror.
Anyway, if they're aftermarket can you provide details.. Those look very nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
bonk1313 said:
IMGNTHT. i love the full overlay grille setup. I wish that I could get it with mine to match the grille I have... I think it would like nice.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm very happy with the look of this setup. To my knowledge it is still the only 5 piece grille kit for the Acadia.

bonk1313 said:
Can you take a closer pick of the chrome by the valance you were talking about.
Pardon how dirty the car is and poor quality pictures. Its raining like crazy here in Chicago and the car was in the garage. Basically it is 1/4" body molding that rather than applying along the door edges like member #2, I created a new application for it along the lower valance. I was looking to mimic the more expensive luxury vehicles that are all getting chrome along the rocker panel/lower door. I initially thought it was too thin and was going to move up to a 1/2" or more, but after having it on the car for 6 months or so now, I like how understated it is. I'm not a huge fan of chrome(go figure with the wheel choice), but a few simple touches here and there pull together the factory chrome elements nicely IMO.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
MyBlackAcadia said:
bonk1313 said:
Oh Why not, I am #3


Bonk1313
Are the TV's factory or aftermarket? I have twins and I'm thinking of dual headrest TV's rather than the single overhead. I've done the single overhead on my previous truck and it blocked the rearview mirror.
Anyway, if they're aftermarket can you provide details.. Those look very nice.
These are the Factory DVD system... The Headrests were purchased of Ebay, they were titanium cloth, and I got them recovered with leather to match. Install was easy. Check out this thread, and this ebay listing (ending shortly 22hours as of this posting currently priced at $152.50 or BIN $400.00)


imgntht said:
bonk1313 said:
IMGNTHT. i love the full overlay grille setup. I wish that I could get it with mine to match the grille I have... I think it would like nice.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm very happy with the look of this setup. To my knowledge it is still the only 5 piece grille kit for the Acadia.

bonk1313 said:
Can you take a closer pick of the chrome by the valance you were talking about.
Pardon how dirty the car is and poor quality pictures. Its raining like crazy here in Chicago and the car was in the garage. Basically it is 1/4" body molding that rather than applying along the door edges like member #2, I created a new application for it along the lower valance. I was looking to mimic the more expensive luxury vehicles that are all getting chrome along the rocker panel/lower door. I initially thought it was too thin and was going to move up to a 1/2" or more, but after having it on the car for 6 months or so now, I like how understated it is. I'm not a huge fan of chrome(go figure with the wheel choice), but a few simple touches here and there pull together the factory chrome elements nicely IMO.
Not bad, it is not to much but looks nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
I'm partial to carbon fibre; so I say they look good especially on your body color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Ok... I know I'm strange... but does anybody else see (the reflection of the last carbon fiber trim picture) in the tall skinny tree - the Grinch with a penis on his head?
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Top