GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would mention how I approached my purchase, for anyone who might be interested. Some people live to haggle, and that's a great skill to have, but I'm not much for it. And I did decide I liked the Acadia better than the Outlook. So I decided to use the car buying service (CarBargains) of a local (DC area) nonprofit called Consumers CheckBook.

I basically gave them the Trim level I wanted and my zip code, and then they did the leg work to go around to different dealers and shop quotes and then sent me a report. My local dealer was third from the top. I went in and showed them the results and they matched the best offer, which I went ahead and accepted. I ended up paying invoice, less any incentives in place at time of delivery. And, spent almost zero time with it all.

I probably could have gone back and forth and knocked it down some more had I wanted to take the time. The service cost $190 so I technically paid $190 over invoice. Again, some of you would never go this route but perhaps, for others, you might be interested.

Bottom line... I was happy with my deal.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Acustk5 - Sounds like you had a great experience with CarBargains and got a great deal. Excellent! I just visited their site and they have a pretty good article on "how to get a great deal" on a car that I'm going to reprint in another thread, crediting them as the source. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
425 Posts
What happens if the price that CarBargains come back with is more than you anticipated and you decide you don't want the car? Do they still charge you the $190 or so?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fenwah said:
What happens if the price that CarBargains come back with is more than you anticipated and you decide you don't want the car? Do they still charge you the $190 or so?
Yes, you pay for the service ahead of time. So I think you have to be willing to take the risk on the $190 and, then, put in a little effort yourself if you want to try for something better. I remember thinking after ordering it, "boy I hope these don't all come back at MSRP."

By the way, the turnaround time for me was about two or three days and they can email it to you as a pdf if you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts