GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light and security lights are both on. The battery appears to be charged and all the accessories are getting power. When I go to turn the car on absolutely nothing happens - no click, no hesitation, nothing. The headlights and interior cut-off until I turn the key back from the ignition.

Of course this would have to happen the day I'm supposed to go on a road trip to SC.

Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
524 Posts
My guess is that you just have enough juice in your battery to power up the lights but not enough to turn over the engine. This is similar to the battery drain issue that I just had. The dealer said that this is a recall issue in my case. I think it had something to do with the heater draining your system. I'll look at my paperwork and see what it says and post the info

·
Registered
395 Posts
Actually, same thing happened to me the first day I had it. Try the other key and keep the other one out of the car. In my case it was an open circuit in one key that was causing the security system to think it was a possible theft. Having the other key on the same keyring caused it to sometimes work and sometimes not.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Recall # 07133 Battery drain.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to revive this thread on the off chance that this may happen to someone else. My Outlook is back in the shop - with the same problem. The last time I took it to the dealer, they never really figure out why it wouldn't start. I guess it eventually just started up. The fuse they replaced wasn't bad and at the time they took possession of the car, the battery wasn't dead. This time I was driving when the security light came on. There seems to be a correlation between the security light and my DVD headrest monitors. The monitors shut off while the kids were watching a movie and then the security light came on. I drove the car home (I was on my way back from Atlanta) with out shutting the engine off. Once I got home and shut the car off, it wouldn't start back up. I tried to jump it with a battery pack and had the tow truck driver try to jump it as well, so its definitely not the battery. I think something is happening with the security system and its locking the ignition. I've read about this happening to other GM cars (cadillac, saturn). Hopefully this time they can figure out what's wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the aftermarket DVD headrest monitors (dealer installed). I've done some more research online and it definitely sounds like an issue with the security system. Chevy Tahoe owners have had the same exact problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts