GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Acadia truck 2 weeks ago. With all of the rain and snow it has gotten really dirty. My outside water is turned off of course because I dont want to burst a pipe in the house because of the cold temps. I really want to wash my truck and I am thinking about going to a car wash. I am thinking that because I got the Liquid Silver color that I probably wouldnt notice swirl marks on it from going through a car wash, what do you think? And I am also worried about the antenna on the top rear of the truck, has anyone had problems with that antenna going thru a car wash? Is there a chance it might get torn off or something? Is it removable? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Nick, check this post out...maybe it will help. ;D
Re: How do you treat your Acadia in winter days?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Another option that I do each winter is to take it to a self-service car wash. You drive into the garage bay, close the overhead door down to keep the cold weather out, then insert a few quarters and it is truly touchless. The nozzle pressure it really tremendous so you don't need to be very close the paint surface(nor would you want to be for fear of taking off the paint), and it does a nice job. I've taken my Carbon Black Acadia there a few times this past winter already and I just bring my own microfiber drying towels. Total cost has been about $6.00 each trip and I pull out of the bay to dry it off when I am done. They have quarter operated vacuum cleaners as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I wish I could find a place near me that has a bay like that. I live in Stamford Connecticut and the only thing I can find around here are brushless car washes and hand washes. I will never use the handwash car wash again because the men they use dont really give a crap about your car. I used to drive a Chevy Tahoe that had leather seats in it, well one day I used the handwash car wash and at the end of it about 5 mexican guys jump into your car and clean the inside of your car as fast as they can. Well after I left I noticed that my dashboard was scratched, it had small lines on it everywhere, must of been from reissuing dirty rags. And the worst thing that happened was one of those idiots that jumped in my car made a huge scratch on my leather seat. I think it happened because they shove their windex spray bottles in their belt and when he jumped in it scratched my seat and of course over the next couple months the tear got bigger and bigger. So from now on I clean the inside of my truck myself. Now that I bought a new Acadia im just trying to find out the best way to wash it besides doing it myself because of course it is way to cold to do it right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
nickc75 said:
I just got my new Acadia truck 2 weeks ago. With all of the rain and snow it has gotten really dirty. My outside water is turned off of course because I dont want to burst a pipe in the house because of the cold temps. I really want to wash my truck and I am thinking about going to a car wash. I am thinking that because I got the Liquid Silver color that I probably wouldnt notice swirl marks on it from going through a car wash, what do you think? And I am also worried about the antenna on the top rear of the truck, has anyone had problems with that antenna going thru a car wash? Is there a chance it might get torn off or something? Is it removable? Thanks for the help
Sounds like you would be better off taking it to a local professional detail shop and have them wash your vehicle. Maybe that is your option?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts