GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your longest separation between washing/detailing of your ride!!

I'm at 60 days...not since drive off of lot!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Funny you should bring that up! ;D I just got off the Zaino web site after ordering a $100.00 worth of stuff :eek: We've had our Acadia since the third week of January but last Thursday was the first time I've had a chance to wash it "by hand". Today is only in the 30's but I know better (and warmer) days are on the way. ::)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I last detailed in October, I washed by hand once in November and we had one day in January that was above 40 so I donned the rubber gloves and hand washed. Have not had the opportunity since then to wash (work, kids or weather). Yesterday was close to 70 but we had church in the AM and had to go shopping for our twins birthday presents in the PM - by the time we got home it was dark. So I am at 75 plus days since the last wash. I have just used a pressure wash to get rid of dirt, but I do not consider that a wash.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've *thought* about washing it, does that count?

I think I might have run it through a car wash at some point since the beginning of the year, but as for actually getting outside and hand washing it, probably some time last Fall.

With the weather around here, it's just depressing to spend all that time washing and waxing the car, just to have it look like crap after one trip to work and back. Phooey.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had Phyllis for just over a year now. Over the 52 weeks I have had her, she has been hand washed over 40 times! Never been thru a car wash except for once at the dealer. They wash every vehicle after service. After that time I made sure to tell the service advisor not to wash her. I even put a sticky with "DO NOT WASH!" on the Nav. Call me anal, but I don't want to see swirl marks on my carbon beauty!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
dchillrat - I understand why you don't want the dealer to wash it. I actually have had my car spotless when I went to the dealer only to get it back with water spots from the car wash where they did not dry it well. My dealer actually quit doing the free wash by default and only will do it if a customer asks for it. It's still free but you must ask.

I got ours in Sept 07 and in Oct I did the Zaino detailing. I washed it by hand immediately any time it got dirty. I would not have belonged on this thread as I was definitely not a Car Wash Slacker!!

But now I am. I have not washed ours since March 15th as I broke my leg on March 18th. I know it's a poor excuse, but it is what it is. I was able to clean and condition the leather seats last night, but the outside is still dirty.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
So SioXie, I guess you are not a Car Wash Slacker! :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
GAR said:
But now I am. I have not washed ours since March 15th as I broke my leg on March 18th. I know it's a poor excuse, but it is what it is. I was able to clean and condition the leather seats last night, but the outside is still dirty.
I don't know where in MD you are GAR, but if you want to drive into DC tomorrow morning, my car wash opens at 7:00am!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That would be great, but I have little league games to attend. :)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Winter driving, every 30 days through brushless car wash.
Has 3 coats of Acrylic sealant from 07 and a 4th will go on when warmer weather comes and 5th and 6 coat in 08. Paint being Silver with Acrylic coating, I use Mr. Clean wash system with filtered water and air dry once a month in summer.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
OK, I have to admit to my horrible fantasy. When it rains and I have to take my daughter to horse lessons, I will drive through a dip in the gravel road (very slowly) but enough to get a small splash. I LOVE the splash marks it puts on the car!! I love it looking like I just took it off roading and tore through some great big muddy hole. I look at the light bown mud on my otherwise clean red jewel and it just makes me smile. Does this make me a bad Acadia owner? I will wash it off the next day, but for half a day, I am queen of the mud!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
GAR said:
So SioXie, I guess you are not a Car Wash Slacker! :)
i used wash to my car twice in a month but im a slacker now..... :binky: ;D

its just that the detailer works awesome, keeps me from washing my car every 2 weeks or so. i highly recomend it after any wax job..... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
This guy at the gas station approached me today with some sort of spray on, water-less, car wash stuff. He offered to demonstrate. I told him "But then I would have a clean spot on my car and have to wash the whole thing." He put his arms up and said "god forbid!" LMFAO I told him I wasn't in the mood to wash it today, so no thank you. hehe

My Acadia is very very dirty. I just haven't had the time to give it a bath.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It is my opinion that the only reason to keep your car clean is for your own personal enjoyment (if you are into that type of thing). I have friends that buy new cars, drive them for 5 years, and at best, take them through the auto car wash (the ones that actually touch the car) once or twice during the winter when the car is so dirty that it would make them dirty if they touched it.

I won't even talk about how the interior looks from the kids and pets. Yikes!!

Then, right before they sell the car, they take it to a detail shop and have it buffed out and cleaned up. Really, the cars end up looking new again and they don't get any less on resale than I do after keeping mine spotless and hand washing the entire time.

So more power to you car wash slackers!! When the car is dirty, pray for rain and drive through a few puddles!!! :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Broke down and splurged on a $10 no-touch car wash today...even got a buck off after filling up on $4 gas!!

Got tired of seeing the finger marks on the rear door (I keep forgetting to use the button...)

So, bought 13 Feb...washed on 21 June...

Here's hoping for another FOUR MONTHS!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm impressed!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got these black streaks coming off of the top on both sides of the vehicle so that's a bit too noticeable on white tri.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not a slacker but getting a little slack. Got our acadia in April. Here is the handwashing rundown:

April...washed 3 times
May...washed 2 times
June...washed 1 time
July...washed 0 times so far...

Don't know if this counts but I did clean a spot on the hood today which was blessed by one of
our flying feathered friends ;D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Took our '08 SLT-1 (Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic) in for a wash & "express wax" this past weekend ...

Bought it in mid-April, so I figured it was about time to get some wax on there. I'll bring it back in 3 months for a good detailing before the winter hits.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts