GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
admin said:
I posted this concerns after having the car for just a few days. And while I stick by my concern, the childseat does seem to be well locked into place, even with the gap in the back. It actually feels more secure than it did in the altima, but I think that's because the lower LATCH placement on these is closer together than the Nissan and does a better job of preventing lateral movement. I'll take pics of the carseat this evening and post them back to this thread for you.
Here are pics of our forward facing child seat in the capts chair. Note the seat hits the headrest, leaving about an inch gap between the back of the seat and the chair.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the car seat pics.

Does anybody have pictures of a car seat in the 2nd row bench instead of the captains chair? This is a big concern for my wife also.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Checkback on Sunday.

I willpost some once I get my truck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
RedRocker said:
....Does the Acadia have the "latch" system in the second row???
With the bench, it has both lower and top latch connections for the outside seats. The center seat has a top teather connection, but no lower connections. You could use the connections for the other two seats for the lower connections, but you would no longer be able to slide the seats independantly from one another. BTW, the top teather is on the back k of the seat, so assuming you don't put one in the center, you could slide either seat forward or back with a child seat in place.

The third row has LATCH in the center position only I think.

I am so looking forward to getting this vehicle so my little one can be slid out of range of being able to kick my seat while she is strapped in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am so looking forward to getting this vehicle so my little one can be slid out of range of being able to kick my seat while she is strapped in.
[/quote]

I was hoping for the same thing, but even with the 2nd row seat all the way back, my four year old can still kick the front seat.  However, it is only a light bump instead of a forceful push......

Btw, our child's booster seat fits great. We have not installed the rear-facing seat yet...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, NY_Joe, that would be great. My wife is considering a Yukon again because of the issues she is hearing about child seats not fitting well in the Acadia. Unfortunately, no nearby dealers have Acadias with 2nd row bench seats for us to test....

NY_Joe said:
Checkback on Sunday.

I willpost some once I get my truck.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Our child seat fits awesome in our Acadia....No kid yet (April 3rd) but it fits really nice....I will shoot some photos tomorrow for you..

Adam

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
There he goes again trying to one up me...you aregoing to becomemy "newman" from Seinfeld.

BOCA!!!!

Mully...just installed the seat in my Envoyfacing forward and it was no problems. I can't see there being a problem with the Acadia bench seat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've only had the vehicle for three days now. I'm very impressed overall, but noticed a small oddity.

I was in the garage yesterday playing w/ the gadgets with the key in the on position. There was a very noticible feedback hum coming from the radio speakers, even though the radio was on at minimum volume. It went away when I shut it off and turned it back on.

The next day I noticed it again, this time while driving. The hum increased in pitch with engine speed. The radio was on when I started it. Again, turning off the radio and turning it back on fixed it.

In my old car (also GM), I'd occassionally experience the same when trying to tune a weak AM station (background hum would increase in pitch w/ engine speed). Not sure if its some sort of shielding issue, or if the radio must be turned off then on again to "degauss?"

I wonder if this is somehow related to the center channel DVD issue, which I understand may be a small short created when the vehicle chimes. The chimes seems to play through the vehicles speaker system, so maybe that introduces some sort of interference as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
NY_Joe said:
There he goes again trying to one up me...you aregoing to becomemy "newman" from Seinfeld.

BOCA!!!!

Mully...just installed the seat in my Envoyfacing forward and it was no problems. I can't see there being a problem with the Acadia bench seat.
LOL! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I will always be one step ahead!

Adam

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Our child seat fits awesome in our Acadia....No kid yet (April 3rd) but it fits really nice....I will shoot some photos tomorrow for you..

Adam
Tomorrow is here.

Where are the pics??

Looks like you are one step behind now!!

LOL (will wait for th epost in 2 minutes showing the baby seat just to spite me...BOCA!!!!)

·
Registered
360 Posts
LOL....fiesty!

5:52 they will be posted....

lol

Adam

·
Registered
179 Posts
clsuper said:
Btw, our child's booster seat fits great. We have not installed the rear-facing seat yet...
CLSUPER: We will be in the market for a booster seat, preferably with a five point harness. Could you tell me which booster seat you purchased, that you mention in your post, fits great in the Acadia? I went through three, before we found the Britax car seat we currently have, but with the new car, the timing is perfect to move her into the booster. Thanks for your help. ETGUS

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sorry 1 hour late!

We opted to use the center seat belt and not the latch system..

Adam

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
3 things

1 - You're fired. you were late.

2 -Return the car seat. Get a Graco snug ride. You will not be sorry. One of thesafest seats on the market.

3- Use the latch system. It is a more secure fit and hold than the belt.

We used the snug ride for my son in both cars. Loved it. He got to big for it and we went to the Britax Roundabout rear facing. As of Saturday, he turned 1. Flipped the seats around. Used the latch system on all seats and they never budged.

I was joking about #1 (maybe not)but dead serious about 2 & 3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, Adam! With the car seat in the middle, does the smart slide system work on the 40% side of the seat?

Joe, it sounds like you are in a very similar situation that we are in. My son will be turning 1 in 2 weeks and we will also be turning our Britax seat around. Will you be putting your seat in the middle of the Acadia? If so, will you be using the latch systems from the 2 side seats instead of the seat belt?

Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes the 40% section does slide....

Adam

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I will be putting it behind the passenger seat.

1 - to utilize the flip and fold seats.

2- feel like its safer than having him sitting in the middle as a projectile god forbid.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Adam - Once the baby is actually in the car seat, you may find it easier to get it in and out of the car from either of the sides. It doesn't take long at all until that cute little bundle of joy you brought home from the hospital is 20lbs add in the weight of the car seat and it really starts to get really heavy.

Side note on care seats - be careful when your children get older when using the LATCH system. There is a weight limit for the LATCH system which can be less than the weight limit for your car seat. When the LATCH limit is reached, you must us the seat belts to secure the seat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts