GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at purchasing an Acadia for my wife, and she was concerned about the car seats digging in and destorying the leather. As we have never owned a vehicle with leather, does anyone else have experience with car seats and leather and how the leather holds up?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sheesh, now I have to go look at my son's seat. I wasn't thinking about the carseat possibly doing any damage. :-\

·
Registered
165 Posts
We are currently trying to sell our Acadia and I have moved my car seats to the new car. About 2 months ago, I moved my daughter out of her high back booster and there are still indention marks on the back of the seat from the booster. I just removed my son's convertible car seat to the new vehicle last weekend and there is a huge indention where the top of the car seat meets the head rest. I asked the dealer the other day if there was anything they could do about this. He said just give it time and it should return to normal (especially once the weather gets warmer.) Just in case, I priced a new headrest...about $130.

The bottom of the seat is fine since I have always placed a towel under my car seats (I know...I've read all the posts about towels, cabinet liners and prince lionheart.) Back in the day when my daughter was born, putting towels under car seats to protect the leather was apparently the norm. I'm currently looking at the prince lionheart mat for my new vehicle.

BTW, when I sold my 2002 Tahoe last year to purchase the Acadia, there wasn't any damage from the car seats. IMO, I just think the "leather" in the Acadia is a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
stevemel said:
We are currently trying to sell our Acadia and I have moved my car seats to the new car.
Out of curiousity, why did you decide to sell the Acadia? What are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a car seat in mine and its been there for 8 months. I recently took it out to drop down the seat. I have a car mat and a towel under the seat. There are deep indentations in the seat itself. The leather looks fine. Im not sure how well the foam padding in the seat will come back over time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
loach said:
stevemel said:
We are currently trying to sell our Acadia and I have moved my car seats to the new car.
Out of curiousity, why did you decide to sell the Acadia? What are you replacing it with?
We are selling mainly b/c we want to lower our monthly payment and gas bills. We really don't need such a large vehicle. Plus, in addition to all the recall items, I've had an issue with the driver's seat jolting forward while braking.

I replaced it with a Honda CR-V EX-L AWD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts