GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expecting my SLT-1 Silver/Ebony in a few weeks. We have 2 kids and I want to keep the car seats in the car most of the time. Where are people placing the car seats if you have 2? I purchased the Acadia planning to put them in the 3rd row, but pictures I've seen on this forum show a car seat in the second row. I will have captains chairs for the 2nd row. If I put them both in the second row, am I limiting access to the third? Any reason not to keep them in the 3rd row?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello: I'm sure others will respond to your questions as to what they are doing. But I wanted to say that we plan to put our car seat in the second row. We will only have the one, unless we bring a friend along, but either way, I don't see any reason why you couldn't have your car seats in the Captain's chairs in the second row. IF, the other passengers are willing to just walk between the two captain's chairs to get to the third row.

Otherwise, the chairs have the "easy glide" feature, where the seats will slide forward forward the front row, and the person can enter the third row that way. So, if you have a car seat on the seat, its not going to fold with the glide, obviously. I hope this is making sense! And you probably know all this already!! Just trying to help.

Also, will you have to buckle them in, or can they do it themselves? If you have to do it, just consider that you will have to climb in and back there each time!

Personally, we feel our daughter will be safer in the second row. Congrats on your Silver Acadia!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
We bought the Acadia SPECIFICALLY so that we could put two carseats in the capts chairs and still have walk through access to the third row. We have a 26 month old and our second is due in May, so they would be too little to put in the third row for several years. The Capts chairs make this the perfect vehicle for 2 child seats!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 23 month old and my wife is pregnant with twins! Needless to say, I need a vehicle that can fit three car seats across the 2nd row (bench seat). Anyone tried 3 across?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think someone posted that they tried three across and it was a very tight fit. Maybe you can put your older one in the third row and go for captain's chairs for the twins?

·
Registered
155 Posts
admin said:
We bought the Acadia SPECIFICALLY so that we could put two carseats in the capts chairs and still have walk through access to the third row. We have a 26 month old and our second is due in May, so they would be too little to put in the third row for several years. The Capts chairs make this the perfect vehicle for 2 child seats!
:ditto:

We have a 5 year old and expecting the second one any day now........ :binky:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts