GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my engine light coming on and a warning that "Engine too hot turned off AC" and the whole car fogged up. Then when I tried to shut it off the engine kept runningt!! They would not let me drive it and had to tow it. I have yet to hear what they say is wrong. BUT that has not been my only issue. It is an 07 with 34K miles...At 30K my stabilizer links went then a week later my alternator went while I was driving down the highway in the middle of a rain storm. NOT FUN!!
What constitutes a lemon law? I am sooo concerned because I am getting close to 36K and then what happens to the warrantee??
Any advice? I am meeting with the dealer tomorrow. I am so deflated. I love my Acadia and when I think of dealing with these issues as well as all the time I have to take off of work and fight with the dealer to get a rental because I have many off sight meetings. :help:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experienced a similar issue at about that same date, had started it and had to go back in the house, turned the key off but engine kept running and flashed "engine hot - a/c off". cycled the key about 4 times, finally turned off. Did it again after restarting. At the time I was on the way back to the dealer again for the 2nd time in 3 days for the roof drains leaking into the headliner. Dealer could not reproduce. Got the recall notice on the roof while it was in the shop.
Don't know a fix for this yet, but not being able to shut the car off in extremely annoying. Nearly as annoying as water pouring in from the headliner. I feel your pain. I have had to go back to dealer at least 7 times for transmission, roof leaks, etc. not including oil changes. They are pretty good about getting me a rental or letting me drive something from the lot. Love driving this Acadia, but thinking about trading soon. Can't miss work all the time to keep visiting dealership. I made sure to write on the ticket that the dealer said interior was OK but that the carpet and headliner had been wet for at least 3 days, and if it had problems after warranty, then I expected action, they seemed to be OK with that. My 1995 Grand Cherokee was more reliable at 205,000 miles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
khluce said:
Today I had my engine light coming on and a warning that "Engine too hot turned off AC" and the whole car fogged up. Then when I tried to shut it off the engine kept runningt!! They would not let me drive it and had to tow it. I have yet to hear what they say is wrong. BUT that has not been my only issue. It is an 07 with 34K miles...At 30K my stabilizer links went then a week later my alternator went while I was driving down the highway in the middle of a rain storm. NOT FUN!!
What constitutes a lemon law? I am sooo concerned because I am getting close to 36K and then what happens to the warrantee??
Any advice? I am meeting with the dealer tomorrow. I am so deflated. I love my Acadia and when I think of dealing with these issues as well as all the time I have to take off of work and fight with the dealer to get a rental because I have many off sight meetings. :help:
5 years 100k miles on powertrain which pretty much covers everything on your car to be drivable for exception of brakes, rotor and radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts