GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm disaapointed to learn that my new acadia that i will pick up tomorrow already has 140km in it. i mean, i am buying this new, why would it have 140 km in it already. is this something that i should bring up as a big issue? any suggestions on how i should settle this with the dealership? thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your vehicle was either driven from another dealership or someone has been test driving it. The best outcome if probably a free oil change.

Mine had 10 miles on the odometer, I had my sales person make sure it was kept on the back storage lot until I came to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
preytor said:
i'm disaapointed to learn that my new acadia that i will pick up tomorrow already has 140km in it. i mean, i am buying this new, why would it have 140 km in it already. is this something that i should bring up as a big issue? any suggestions on how i should settle this with the dealership? thanks.
Could be that someone (salesperson or potential customer)took it home for the weekend to try it out. :-\

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I remember correctly, mine had around 5 or 6 miles on it when I picked it up.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If it came off the lot, it was undoubtedly used for a few test drives. Mine had 6 miles when it came off the truck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it as far as the warrenty goes. It is 100,000 miles from the odo when you pick it up. Mine had 56 miles on it, wasn't ordered, bought it off the lot. my warrenty is good for 100,056.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when i was ordering the acadia they have to look for the specific trim+options+color that i want, and i don't want to wait 8-10 weeks (factory order). they found exactly what i want but it was in the interior (british columbia). so i guess they drove it from the interior to my dealership. so this is the price i have to pay for being picky? i have to make sure that my warranty is 100k + current odo. and maybe a free change oil.

thanks for all who responded. this forum is awesome!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ours had 7mi on it when they let me take it home for a few days to see how the wife liked it. But the sales person did ask me how many miles I thought that I'd put on it before I took it home. When we went back to do the paperwork it had 190mi on it. We ended up going ahead and purchasing it anyways.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i believe mine had 8miles on the odo before i drove it off the dealer.... ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
preytor said:
when i was ordering the acadia they have to look for the specific trim+options+color that i want, and i don't want to wait 8-10 weeks (factory order). they found exactly what i want but it was in the interior (british columbia). so i guess they drove it from the interior to my dealership. so this is the price i have to pay for being picky? i have to make sure that my warranty is 100k + current odo. and maybe a free change oil.

thanks for all who responded. this forum is awesome!
Very rarely will a dealer trailer a new vehicle if it is transferred (and will likely charge you for it too). Common practice is to drive it and it's usually 70-something year old retirees that aren't going to beat on your new car. Ask for the free oil change, there's nothing to lose. And your warranty will start at the mileage the vehicle was delivered with, like s2acadia posted.

·
Registered
263 Posts
SioXie said:
i believe mine had 8miles on the odo before i drove it off the dealer.... ;D
GRRR... I was told that it was normal for a special ordered one to be driven. It was special ordered for ME yet the one that was already on the lot only had 7 miles on it, mine had 33 miles on it. Not a big dif between 7 and 30, I just wanted to say it had less then 10 miles on it when I got it and I couldn't. :( It's amazing the crap the dealers come up with to make you think this is normal practice!! I was told BECAUSE it was special ordered and it was just coming off the rail and the truck, they HAVE to take it on the freeway to make sure everything works. K...I believed them! I questioned it and that was the story they told me.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Mine arrived in late July 2007. I began my test drive before finalizing the purchase with 6 miles on it. I gave it back to the dealer with 24 miles on it. They then held it for me until mid September when I was ready to buy it, and it still had 24 miles on it. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
54 Posts
7 miles on it as I drove it off the lot with the wife. ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine had 615 miles on it when it came in. :( They had to drive it from about 100 miles away. I was not happy about it, but it was the only one we could find with just the features I wanted. I had special ordered mine from the factory and, after 10 weeks of waiting, was told it had not been made yet due to the strike. I needed it sooner, so I had to go with the one with 600 miles. :(

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
were you able to bargain something for it? i just talked to my dealer and they said they are going to give me a change oil coupon.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine had 300 plus miles also. The good news is the base warranty expires at 36,300+, so you really don't lose anything. I would have put 300 miles on it in a few days anyway, so it really didn't bother me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine was special ordered and driven by no one except moi. It had 4 miles on it before
I test drove. I gave it back to the dealer with 31 miles on it and when I purchased in
April 08, it had 31 miles on it :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts