GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got a new Acadia about a month ago and I am new to the forum. I see the three recalls and I am planning on getting them done when I get my first oil change. Yesterday as I came to a stop light and completely stopped the car, it started jerking on me about 5 times back and forth and then stopped. It also did it later in the day. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
AWD or FWD?

I've not had this problem. At stop lights though, I have noticed that while my foot is on the brake, the pedal gets "soft" and depresses a bit. Not sure if that is normal behavior or not. It doesn't hinder my ability to stop, so I haven't worried about it.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum.

I have not experience or heard of this problem. Sounds like a trip to the dealer. Good luck, and let us know what you learn.

Kelly

·
Registered
161 Posts
OrlandoAcadia...was it raining the day the car was jerking back and forth? Wet front disk brakes? Who knows.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Web Raven said:
AWD or FWD?

I've not had this problem. At stop lights though, I have noticed that while my foot is on the brake, the pedal gets "soft" and depresses a bit. Not sure if that is normal behavior or not. It doesn't hinder my ability to stop, so I haven't worried about it.
This happens on my wife's Toyota Solara - its the air compressor for the A/C kicking on and off. The fluctuating load on the engine has an effect on the pressure in the brake lines. I don't think its abnormal per se.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This happens on my wife's Toyota Solara - its the air compressor for the A/C kicking on and off. The fluctuating load on the engine has an effect on the pressure in the brake lines. I don't think its abnormal per se.
Of course it's not abnormal if it's a Toyota. Just ask Consumer Reports! :drunk:

On a GM, however, this calls for some MAJOR overreaction!! :banghead:

·
Registered
492 Posts
OrlandoAcadia said:
Hey guys, I got a new Acadia about a month ago and I am new to the forum. I see the three recalls and I am planning on getting them done when I get my first oil change. Yesterday as I came to a stop light and completely stopped the car, it started jerking on me about 5 times back and forth and then stopped. It also did it later in the day. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
Mine has done this twice. At a stop light with foot on the brake, it starts bucking. I rolled a foot or so and it stopped.
I think both times was in the morning when it was not fully warmed up yet. .

·
Registered
58 Posts
tymj said:
Of course it's not abnormal if it's a Toyota. Just ask Consumer Reports! :drunk:

On a GM, however, this calls for some MAJOR overreaction!! :banghead:
Well, specific to Web Raven's issue, I don't think its abnormal - it just feels like the pedal getting softer. If the vehicle is actually moving and jerking I would consider it an issue for sure (and probably not related to the A/C)

·
Registered
261 Posts
OrlandoAcadia said:
Haven't had that problem. Maybe its a fuel problem. Try Chevron or Shell gas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys. I did have the AC on both times, but it was bucking pretty good. The car was also not warmed either, maybe a combination of things. It is wierd it happened twice in one day and not since.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sometimes when you get moisture (or sediment) in the gas tank, you can get that bucking. Did you let the car get really empty before refilling? Or were you close to empty when the bucking happened?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
i haven't had my Acadia long enough to see this kind of bucking problem...

But...I had this happen twice with my Dodge Caravans when the engine speed sensor was intermittent. What happens, is that the sensor "misses" pulses and the computer thinks the speed has dropped, so it increases the speed. If you're on the highway, it feels like light surging (banging) pulses from the tranny, but it's the engine accellerating hard, then fractions of a second later backing off again.

On the Dodge, it logged an error "tack error" in the computer, so I'm guessing that they would find the same thing thru OnStar diagnostics if this was happening to your Acadia.

Please keep us posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts