GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reaching out for some help, i have a 2011 gmc acadia denali. My key fob stopped working, car cranks with the key, key fob is sending out a signal, car is just not registering. power doors and locks work manually just not with the fob. None of the fob options work. is there a fuse somewhere that might control the receiver in the car? along with does anyone know where the receiver is?
any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You say "key fob is sending out a signal, ." How do you know this?

George

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The receiver (RCDLR) is mounted behind the headliner near the dome lights above the 3rd row seat. Your owners manual will show fuse locations. I don't believe there is one fuse for the RCDLR - each function controlled by it is fused separately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You say "key fob is sending out a signal, ." How do you know this?

George
i went to a third party to see if they could reprogram it, they checked it and said it was sending out a signal, and that they dont just become dis-programmed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum.
The receiver (RCDLR) is mounted behind the headliner near the dome lights above the 3rd row seat. Your owners manual will show fuse locations. I don't believe there is one fuse for the RCDLR - each function controlled by it is fused separately.
thats what i was thinking, but everything works individually by hitting the buttons in the car, just key fob has no response

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
thats what i was thinking, but everything works individually by hitting the buttons in the car, just key fob has no response
That would suggest a problem with the RCDLR itself. Someone with a scan tool and knowledge of how to use it could easily diagnose any problem with the RCDLR.

BTW, I found in another thread the RCDLR shares a fuse with the DISPLAY circuit. That was for an '07, but possibly applies to the model year of your Acadia.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
That would suggest a problem with the RCDLR itself. Someone with a scan tool and knowledge of how to use it could easily diagnose any problem with the RCDLR.

BTW, I found in another thread the RCDLR shares a fuse with the DISPLAY circuit. That was for an '07, but possibly applies to the model year of your Acadia.
I pulled the display fuse, nothing changed. I'm guessing its the rcdlr that has gone bad. I believe im going to have to take it to Gm and let them figure it out. Because even if I change it, I'm sure it'll probably need to be reprogrammed to the new one. Just sucks cause I hate having to take any cars to dealership mechanics. But with it probably having to be reprogrammed, this is probably best.

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
If you knew a local independent technician with all the skills and proper tools, you could avoid a trip to the dealer's service center. Some shops have subscriptions to software which allows them to reprogram any module they change in cars which they service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im having the same issue with my 2010 slt. have you found any solution yet
no i have not, ill be taking it to the shop sometime this week, you have a 2010 tho, you should be able to reprogram your fob yourself, have you tried that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
no i have not, ill be taking it to the shop sometime this week, you have a 2010 tho, you should be able to reprogram your fob yourself, have you tried that?
Yes I have also pulled the fuse no luck. The key learning beeps like it’s learned, but no response from car when fob is used

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have
reaching out for some help, i have a 2011 gmc acadia denali. My key fob stopped working, car cranks with the key, key fob is sending out a signal, car is just not registering. power doors and locks work manually just not with the fob. None of the fob options work. is there a fuse somewhere that might control the receiver in the car? along with does anyone know where the receiver is?
Have you tried to reprogram your key fob
Mine did the same thing on my 09 I reprogrammed it and its been fine since

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to this forum. I have a 2010 slt I just bought it a week ago. I love this forum. Anyway, when you do find the fix for your problem with the fob, please post what you find, I'm so interested in what the solution is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to this forum. I have a 2010 slt I just bought it a week ago. I love this forum. Anyway, when you do find the fix for your problem with the fob, please post what you find, I'm so interested in what the solution is.
Key fob system won't work if you have any dash warning lights on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's not true. Only remote start is disabled if any faults are present.
I have a 2010 slt Acadia, I'm having problems with my remote loc and unlock functions. Start and trunk open work all the time. I can go through the relearn remote procedure and the work good for a couple hours them they don't, BUT if I first remote start the car then the locks work. I do have an issue with one of my tire sensors not reporting giving me a "service tire monitoring system" warnin , and occasionally I get a engine light coming on bit does go away. Could these warning lights be causing my remote problems????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts